Chapter 2

"Em, wake up. Your going to end up being late." My mom said through my door. Today was my second day at school. Yesterday was horrible. I had no choice but to let Colton show me around so that I wouldn't get lost while trying to get to class. Most of my classes were free periods so I either was in the library studying or sitting in a half empty classroom.

"I'm up mom." I tell her and roll out of bed. I walk to the bathroom to get ready. I choose a white Nike shirt and some ripped jeans. I curl my hair and braid a strand of it.

"You look nice

"You look nice." My mom comments. She's standing in the kitchen and making me a piece of toast. "By the way, I asked Colton to drop you off today. I'm working at the boutique for Sara."

I frown at thinking about riding with Colton all the way to school. He keeps trying to talk to me but I just avoid it. "Thanks and okay I guess. When does he leave?"

"He said for you to go over when your ready." My mom tells me and I instantly freak out. What do I do? Do I go over and ring the doorbell? Do I just wait for him outside? My brain starts running in every direction trying to find a solution. "Just go over there and knock on the door. Colton knows your coming and he'll come out. Don't worry." My mom says since she probably knows what's going through my head.

"Okay." I say and take a deep breath. I grab my backpack and head out the back door. I walk through the yard, over to Coltons house. I walk around to the front and knock on the door. A minute later Colton opens it.

"Hey, you can come in. I'm finishing breakfast." He tells me and holds the door open. I take a few steps inside and he walks back to their dining room. Kona comes running over to me so I bend down to pet her.

"Have you ate?" Sara asks me and holds a plate up towards me.

"I ate toast before I came." I tell her.

"We have leftovers if your still hungry. Toast isn't very filling." She says.

"Thank you but I'm fine." I tell her and she nods. Colton stuffs the rest of his pancake into his mouth before standing up. He grabbed his keys and his bag before leading me outside to their garage. He opened his truck door for me and took my bag to put it in the backseat before going and getting in on the drivers side. He had a nice truck. It was a newer f350 that had a lift under it. (Pic up top)

I stared out the window as he started to drive. "Do you ever talk?" Colton asks me.

"Yeah." I say simply.

"You've been here 3 days and I think I've heard 10 words come out of your mouth." He states.

"Sorry?" I ask cause I don't really know what to say.

"I haven't talked to you in 6 years. I thought when my mom told me that you were coming back, that we could be friends again." He confesses. I freeze because I really don't know what to say to that. Of course I want to go back to being friends with him but things are difficult for me.