Chapter 19

"It's time to wake up sweetie." I felt a hand shaking my shoulder. I rolled over and seen that it was daylight outside and groaned. It felt like I had just finally fallen asleep. I had been up half the night trying to finish homework.

"I'm up." I groaned to my mom. She gave me a quick back message and left my room. I rolled out of bed and went to use the bathroom. I had taken a shower the night before so that I wouldn't have to in the morning.

I changed into some jeans and the hoodie that we found up in the cabin that used to belong to Colton. It fit me great and it was comfy. I braided my hair into French braids and applied some mascara. Tonight was the last big game before homecoming.

Homecoming tickets were already on sale and everyday at school, you would see people asking or getting asked out to homecoming. I wasn't sure if I was going or not. I also didn't know who I'd go with if I did go. I told Colton that he could ask whoever he wanted and I'd be fine by myself but I wasn't sure if that was true or not. I didn't want to be at homecoming, surrounded by people and by myself.

I made my way downstairs and sat at the bar. My mom had a plate ready for me. She was standing by the sink doing dishes and my dad was at the table looking over some car magazine. I heard a knock and then the door slamming. Colton came walking into the kitchen. He took a seat beside me and grabbed my toast.

"Hey!" I said and hit him. He chuckled as he took a big bite.

"I could've made you some toast Colt." My mom says while she laughs at us.

"Ah it's alright Liv. I enjoyed Ems better." He said and sent me a smirk. I hit him again but he didn't flinch. I finished the rest of my food, minus the toast and gave my mom my plate.

"Bye guys. We might be a little late to the game but we will be there. Be safe and I love you Em." My mom said as she gave me a hug.

"What about me? You don't love me?" Colton asked and faked hurt.

"Oh we can't forget about our second kid, now can we?" My dad said as he came to give me a hug.

"Of course, we love you to Colton." My mom said and then gave him a hug. We were all laughing at the scene.

I walked to the door with my back pack in hand and Colton following. We walked across the yard and got in his truck. Colton handed me something. "Would you like to wear my jersey today? It's tradition for the football players to hand out their jersey."

"Sure." I told him and slipped it over my head. I adjusted it over my hoodie before I buckled up. Colton drove us to school and we walked in together. We split ways to go to the locker rooms.

"Hey girl." Faye greets me as I walk in.

"Hey, ready for the game?" I ask and she nods excitedly.

"Can't wait. It's going to be great!" She tells me with a weird smile on her face. I just nod my head. It would be a good game tonight. Our team was playing our rival team and most of the whole student body would be in the stands cheering. Colton told me that our team won last year but had lost his first two years playing.

After placing my bag in the locker I bid a goodbye to the girls and walk out to the halls. I search around for Colton but I couldn't find him anywhere. I felt my heart began to pound a little harder and my lungs felt like weight was laying on them. I dodged my way through the kids standing in the halls and ran towards the bathroom.