Chapter 13

I woke up to my phone buzzing on my side table. I glanced up at the clock and seen it was 1 in the afternoon. Dang I slept late. I grabbed my phone and looked at the text. It was an unknown number.

Hey Em. Pack a small bag of snacks and drinks that you like. Also bring a pajama outfit. We are having a sleepover in the treehouse like old times. I already cleared it with our parents and they are fine with it. I'm coming to pick you up at 4 for a small surprise before we go to the treehouse.

Oh and btw this is Colton. Your mom gave me your cell number

Why does he want to have a sleepover now? We used to do that when we were like 10 and 11. I'm surprised my parents agreed. They probably only did because Colton is like their son and they have a lot of trust in him.

Um okay

I text back. I'm even worse at texting then I am with talking. I never know what to say. I decide to go ahead and get up since I've slept for this long. I walked downstairs and my parents were sitting in the kitchen.

"Bout time you wake up sleepyhead." My dad joked with me.

"I don't know why I slept that long. I never sleep like that." I tell them.

"Your body must've felt like it needed it. Are you feeling okay?" My mom asked.

"Yeah I feel fine." I tell her and grab a muffin to eat.

"Did Colton text you?" My mom asked and I nodded. "Are you okay to do the sleepover in the treehouse?"

"Yeah I should be. I'll just leave a light on so it's not dark." I tell her. Our treehouse is like a tiny house. It has electric and a small bathroom. It's only a toilet and sink but still.

"Well we are going to run to the mall. Are you staying here or coming with?" My mom asked.

"I'll stay here and watch Netflix." I tell them and head to the basement. I put on greys anatomy and grab a blanket. Once I'm covered in a blanket cocoon, I started my binge watching.

"Em!" I heard Coltons voice yell from upstairs.

"Down here!" I yelled back. I heard his footsteps coming down the stairs. "Why are you here?" I asked him.

"It's 3:30." He tells me. I look at my phone and sure enough it's 3:30.

"You're early." I state.

"I always am. I figured you would already be ready but I'm guessing you have been on the couch binge watching all day?" He says with a chuckle.

"You are correct." I say and sit up. I go upstairs and he follows. He sits on my bed as I go in my closet and get dressed. I put on some black athletic shorts and a dark green sweat shirt.

When I was finished getting dressed, I walked back out to my room

When I was finished getting dressed, I walked back out to my room. Colton was still sitting on my bed and looking down at his phone.

"Do you have snacks that you want to take?" He asks me and I shake my head.