Chapter 27

Colton's POV

I left Ems house yesterday morning and haven't talked to her since. I was still wrapping my head around the fact that I will be a dad. Not just a dad, but with my best friend who's family is my family. I just don't know what to do with the whole thing. There's so much stuff that can go wrong.

She already made it clear that she wanted to keep it so I know I'll do anything to support her. I just need to get all of my thoughts in line. I really want to talk to someone about it other than Em. I know it's hard on her and I want to reassure her but it's hard to reassure her when I'm not sure about all of it yet.

I also don't have anyone else to talk to that I can talk to. This is usually something that I would talk to Blake about since I tell him everything, but I can't just go up to him and say that I got his little girl pregnant and now aren't sure of what to do.

That leads to another fear. Blake and Liv are my second family. I'm as close if not closer to them than I am to my own parents. What will they think of me when they find out? Will they try to keep me from Emory and not let us do anything together anymore? Right now they let us do whatever and stay the night with each other, but when they know that I got her pregnant, they won't be able to trust me with her anymore.

"What are you in such deep thought about?" I jumped and looked over to the doorway where my mom stood with her hands on her hips.

"Holy shit mom. You scared me." I say.

"Well I've only been standing here for 10 minutes staring at you and calling you. You were in a solid trance and doing that thinking face of yours." She tells me. Huh she didn't even comment about me cursing.

"I'm just thinking about the future." I tell her the halfway truth.

"Is it about your arm and career?" She asks and I shake my head. "Then what's got you acting like this? You haven't acted right all day yesterday and today."

Should I tell her the truth and talk to her about? It would help me by talking to someone that knows about pregnancy and girls, but would she hate me and try to kick me out?

"I don't know how to tell you." I state. I don't want her to be disappointed or mad at me over this.

"Colt, you know you can talk to me if you need me. I know that in the past I was strict with you but I trust you now and I want us to have a stronger bond." She tells me.

"You wouldn't like this." I say to see how she acts. I really want to talk to her about it but I want to have a conversation, not be yelled at about how irresponsible I was.

"Just hit me with it. I'll try my best to help you." She says so I nod.

"I got a girl pregnant."

"Oh gosh Colton, this was the one conversation I was hoping we wouldn't have until after you were married." She says with a sigh but she doesn't yell.

"I know mom and I'm sorry. We used protection but it didn't work."

"You don't need to say sorry, it's already happened so there's nothing you can do to change it. Do you know what you're going to do?" She asks and I nod.

"I want to be there her and help raise the baby when it's born."

"Is it Faye's?" She asks and I shake my head.

"It's a girl from class." I tell her and she gets that I'm not going to say a name right now and drops that.

"Well I expect you to be there through it all. The girl is probably scared to death and needs your reassurance in this situation."