Chapter 31

Well it turned out that Colton and I didn't get to sit down and talk that night and even two weeks later, we still haven't talked. I actually have not seen him in two weeks or really talked to him aside from texts asking how I was.

The night after I was finished talking to Cole, I headed straight for Colton, only to find that he wasn't there. My dad filled me that Colton's grandpa was on life support after having very bad pneumonia that just got worse. He and his family had packed and left within half an hour of them getting that call. He's now 400 miles away with no idea when he will be home.

We haven't even posted about me being pregnant because he could careless about that right now. My anxiety has definitely got worse but I haven't told anyone yet. I know Colton is worried about his grandpa and wants to focus on him but a two minute phone call to me wouldn't hurt. I haven't even heard his voice in two weeks.

That puts doubts in my mind of if he really cares about the me and the baby or if he's just doing the right thing and being responsible. I just need him to be back so that I can talk to him.

"Em." My mom called from the living room. I made my way in there. "Have you heard from Colton?"

"He texted me this morning and asked if I was alright. That's all." I tell her. "Why?"

"I need to know if he can still go on our vacation or if I need to try and reschedule it. We leave in 9 days." She says and I nod.

"Well with his grandpa, you probably need to res-." I didn't get the rest of my sentence out before I was interrupted.

"You don't need to reschedule. I'll still be able to go." We both whips our heads around and see Colton standing there in the doorway.

"When did you get here?" My mom asks him.

"I just walked in." He says and looks to me. I look to him for a second before looking away. Im not sure if I'm mad at him or upset with him, but I would have been alright to not see him and deal with this today. "Em?"

I stay quiet and look at my mom. She gives me a weird look, probably for ignoring him because I've never ignored him. "Em, can we please talk?" He asks and I don't make a motion to move. I figured he could say it in front of her too.

"Em go talk to the boy." My mom says and shoved me off the couch. I groan and go upstairs. I was hoping he might not have followed me but he did. I went in my room and sat against the headboard while he just sat in my bed.

"What's wrong? Did I do something?" He asks.

"Did you do something? I don't know did you?"I say sarcastically.

"Okay so you're mad at me but why?"

"You didn't call me a single time in the two weeks you've been gone. It hurt." I say simply.

"Em, the last thing on my mind was to pick up the phone and cal you for a bit. That sounds wrong with me saying it but my grandpa was on life support, dying. When you get told news like that, the only thing on your mind is that person. I was lucky that I remembered to text you a few times. I'm sorry I didn't get to talk to you but I was by my grandpas side every day of the week." By the time he ends it, I'm a sobbing mess. I was so selfish. I wanted him to call me so bad but i didn't think of what he'd be doing. I was trying to pull him from his dying grandpa just to talk to me about stupid things.

"Hey hey hey, Em. Calm down Em. Why are you crying?" He rubs my arms a little and acts like he wants to hug me but stays back some.

"I'm sorry. I was being so selfish." I cry.

"Em stop crying. It's alright. I'm sorry I didn't find more time to call you and I'm sorry this happened right now. I wish it didn't happen at all but it did. He had a huge turn around and is doing much better so I'm back now." He says and that makes me cry more because I'm so happy that his grandpa is okay. "Shit I didn't think that would make you cry more."