Chapter 15

"Em." I was dreaming that I had become famous as people chanted my name. "Em!" I smiled as I was lifted onto someone's shoulders and carried through the crowd of people. "Em!" That time I felt a poke with it. I startled awake as I realized that it wasn't people chanting my name, it was Colton.

As I sat up his face was right in front of mine as he stared at me. "What the heck are you doing?" I ask him as my breathing levels out.

"Your parents didn't have any luck waking you up so they sent me. I've been yelling your name for the past 10 minutes." He tells me with an amused look on his face.

"Oops?" I offer with a smile and he shakes his head with a laugh. "What time is it anyways?"

"It's 1 in the afternoon. Liv was beginning to worry if you were still alive." He says still looking amused.

"I couldn't sleep last night. Now you just ruined my famous dream." I say with a frown to him.

"Famous?" He says with a laugh and I nod.

"Indeed." I say to him. "So why are you here?"

"Well school starts next week and it's a tradition around here to have a back to school party. The football players and cheerleaders plan it. This year we are just having a small one. It will just be the two teams going and there shouldn't be too much drinking. It's just like a hangout type of party. We will have a bonfire at one of the guys house. You want to go?" He asks me.

"Hmmm I don't know. I'm not on the team." I state.

"You might not be yet but I still think you need to try out for cheerleading. I'm not going to let you chicken out of it." He says with his hands on his hips as he points a finger at me.

"I guess I'll go." I say. "As long as you will be with me." I mumble the last part.

"Of course. I wouldn't take you to the party and ditch you. What kind of friend do you think I am?" He asks and puts his hand to his heart. I laugh and shake my head.

"What time does it start?" I ask him.

"At dark which is probably around 7:30 so be ready by 7 and I'll pick you up." He tells me and I nod.

"So I have a few more hours to sleep?" I ask and he laughs but nods.

"Sweet dreams. I'll be downstairs with Blake." He says and I roll my eyes.

"It's weird at how close you are with my dad." I tell him and he shrugs before walking out of my room. He shut the door behind him. I flopped back down and curled into my blanket cocoon for a few more hours of sleep.

The next time I woke up, it was 4 o'clock. I decided to get up and go downstairs since I had yet to see my parents. I found my mom on the back deck watching my dad and Colton toss a football around. "Look who's finally awake!" My mom teases me with a smile.

"I don't know why I was so tired." I mumble to her.

"You're a growing teenager. You're aloud to have days like that every now and again." She still smiles softly at me.

"Liv, Em, come on and play." My dad yells to us. He's such a big kid it's not funny. I look over to my mom to see her grinning and we both make our way down the steps. I was wearing my Nike pro shorts with a sport bra at least. I wish I had thrown on a shirt before coming down here.

It was me and my dad verses Colton and my mom. I had the ball first and threw it to my dad. He caught it and ran past mom into the tree line which was where our goal was. "In your face bitches!" My dad screams as he throws the ball down for a touch down. I shake my head at his behavior but I can't help but to laugh.