Chapter 28

I got a text from mom telling me that we were having dinner together at our house so that Colton and I both needed to go straight there. We left school and headed for my house. Colton pulled into my driveway and we both got out. He grabbed my bag for me and we headed inside.

I got hit with the smell of chilli and something else. It made my stomach do a flip and I focused on not throwing up. I waited for that feeling to pass before I walked in the kitchen to find my mom. We walked in to see both our moms in the kitchen cooking.

"Hey you two, how was school?" My mom asks.

"Boring like usual." I state at the same time Colton says, "Is school ever anything but boring."

Both our moms laughed at how we said that. I sat down at the bar and Colton sat next to me. My mom turned the stove up and then looked over at Sara before looking back at us. "I think we need to talk." My mom says. Oh no, did they figure it out? Colton looks over to me with the same kind of look as what's on my face. He's thinking the same thing.

"We just want to know if it's a huge coincidence or if you got her pregnant Colton." Sara says. Both of our parents are looking at us with a blank expression. It's honestly kind of creepy.

"It's not a coincidence. I did get her pregnant." Colton says and my mom smiles.

"I knew it." She states to Sara. "Why didn't you two just tell us?"

"We didn't want it to ruin the family. Colton is always here and looks up to you and dad just as much as he does to his parents. I didn't want you to look at him different and treat him bad." I tell them.

"Colton will always be like my son I never had. We could never treat him bad." My mom says.

"Yeah, and we could never treat you any different Em, you are also like my second daughter."

"We all became a family the second Colton ran into our arms when he was only a year old. There's too many years of memories for one thing like this to ruin. Now you two are just blending the family and making it bigger."

"I think we both always secretly wanted you two to get together. We thought for sure you would be together by the end of high school. I guess we were wrong though. You guys didn't get together but you are giving us both a grandkid." Sara finishes. "Colton, your dad is coming to dinner later so I'd like for you to tell him before someone slips up."

"I'll tell him as soon as he gets here." He says which satisfies her.

"So now I know it's you, when did this happen?" My mom asks and I want to groan. Of course she'd want to know details.

"Homecoming." Colton responds for me.

"Oh wow, you must be pretty far along." Sara says.

"I'm 12 weeks."

"Are you showing any yet? Better yet, have you had any morning sickness? I had no idea that you were that far along." I raised my shirt to show her. "Aw you have a cute little bump forming."

"It just looks like I'm bloated right now. And yeah I've had morning sickness. I had it for a while but I just thought it was my medicine doing it." I tell her. I look over at Colton to see him looking at me with a strange look on his face.

"I think your dad just pulled in." My mom tells me. I hear a car door slam and then a few seconds later the front door opens. My dad walks straight to the kitchen and kisses my mom before turning to greet Sara and Colton.

"What's the occasion?" He says with a chuckle. If only he knew why we really were having the dinner he probably wouldn't be laughing. I guess it's now or never.