Chapter 29

I wake up and dart from Colton's arms. I run as fast as I can to the bathroom and luckily make it to the toilet in time. Everything I had ate for dinner was now coming back up.

I laid in the bathroom floor for what felt like ages before the nausea feeling left. I headed into the kitchen to take some medicine. My parents had already left for work but I found a note on the counter.

Your appointment is at 1:30 today. I'll call you a little before than to make sure you guys are awake. If you need anything at the appointment you can call me for help. I figured I would let you and Colton go to this one alone, it will mean more for you to get to see your baby for the first time together. Also when you two wake up, there is leftovers in the fridge you can eat. After your appointment make Colton take you to the mall so you can buy some vitamins and nausea pills. I will send you pictures of the best one to buy.
~ love mom

I set her note back on the counter and head back upstairs. I wasn't hungry after throwing up and it was only 8 o'clock in the morning so we had plenty of more time to sleep. I crawl onto the bed and put myself on top of Colton. His eyes flutter open and he looks at me. Once he sees me looking back, he gives me a little smile.

"How do you feel?" He asks me.

"I'm feeling alright now. I was sick earlier."

"Oh I'm sorry, you should have woke me up." He says but I shake me head.

"It was only for a bit. I'm fine now and want to sleep more." I tell him and he nods. He sits his head up to kiss my head but instead hits my lips. He pulls back a little and opens his eyes but when he saw I didn't pull away, he continued. We kiss for what feels like a couple minutes but I know it wasn't really that long before he finally pulls back.

"I have a question." Colton says and I ask what it is. "You don't have to answer if you don't want to but I really want to know your answer."

"Oookay. What is it?" I ask.

"Do you ever think about if we were more than friends?" He asks and I just stare at him because I don't know how to answer. Have I thought about how great it would be if we were together? All the time yes. I've always liked Colton in more than a friend way but we've grown up like siblings so I didn't think he'd think like that. Plus I don't want anything to ruin what we have because what we have is to special.

"I always think about it." I tell him the truth.

"Really?" He asks and I nod too. "I've always thought about it too. Ever since we were younger."

"Me too. I've just never wanted us to loose what we already have. I couldn't live without our friendship."

"Yeah but we could always add onto what we already have. We've been friends for too long so even if it didn't work out, we'd still be friends." He says and he makes sense. I can't believe we are actually having this conversation.

"That's true." I say because I don't know what else to really say.

"I have one more question. Since we are having a baby together, what would you say to maybe trying out a relationship between us, one that is more than just friends. Again, you don't have to answer it if you don't want to but I've been thinking about this a lot. Actually probably since before you found out you were pregnant. I love you as a friend but I have more feelings than what a friend should."

"I've had them feelings too but I'm scared. I don't know what to do in a relationship and I don't want to ruin anything." I tell him.

"We don't have to plunge into it right now. We can go slowly and see how you feel. Besides, this is definitely not the way I'd ask you to be my girlfriend. You're too special for that lame way of asking." He says with a chuckle.