Chapter 25

It's been a week since Christmas and I've felt sick all over again. My mom had booked a flight to go see her family in Florida since they couldn't come up here but since I was sick now, my dad stayed home with me and sent my mom by herself. She left two days ago and is having fun on a beach while I'm laying in bed trying not to throw up.

Colton had stayed the night last night but went home a few hours ago when I felt really bad. He told me to get some sleep but I haven't been able to. I started googling what could be wrong with me as it's not normal to be sick twice within a month with the stomach bug.

The only things popping up was a bowel obstruction, a chronic disease, and pregnancy. The thought of the last one had my heart flutter and beat way faster than normal. It made the most sense. The reason I've been feeling nauseous over the past month, the reason certain foods make me want to throw up both points towards pregnancy.

But there's no way I could be pregnant. I've only did stuff with Colton a few times and it was a long time ago. The last time was during homecoming which was close to three months ago. Wouldn't I have noticed before now?

I opened my period tracker app on my phone and scrolled back to when my last period was. I never really paid attention to it because mine was so irregular but when I scrolled back, my last period was the first week of October, two weeks before homecoming. I had not had one since that night. If I thought my heartbeat was fast earlier, it's about to beat right out of my chest right now.

I'm on birth control so I don't know how this happened. Even if the condom was bad, I still was on birth control. I started researching the brand of birth control I'm on and the reviews made me want to cry even more. It was only 70% effective. Many women had still gotten pregnant while taking it, it was mainly used for regulation and pains.

Every single thing pointed towards me being pregnant. How could I have not have noticed this sooner? A 17 year old pregnant by their best friend who's like a brother. How can I be pregnant? How could I tell Colton about this? What will his reaction be? Better yet, what will my parents reaction be?

I started sobbing. My life was just getting good and now I've ruined it. All because i wanted to test stuff out with someone I trusted. The baby won't have a good family like I did. It will have two parents who are friends but nothing else.

I was sobbing so loud that I didn't hear the knock on my door. I just happened to look up as my door opened and my dad walked in. He quickly made his way to me and wrapped his arms around me. "Shh baby. What's wrong?" He mumbles against my ear.

He hugged me tight and rocked me back in forth like he used to do when I was younger. Even though him and mom had me when I was young, they were made to be parents. They are absolutely amazing. There's no way that I will be half as good as them. That made me cry even more.

"You're alright Em, shhh. Calm down and tell me what's wrong so I can help." He tells me but I don't even know how to tell him. I've never had a boyfriend so he would never expect this from me. My parents have always told me to be honest with them and I trust them with everything, I just don't know how to tell him about this.

"I can't tell you, you will hate me." I get out through my sobs.

"Em, there isn't a single thing in this world that you could do to make me hate you. You are my baby and always will be. I want to know what's making my baby cry like this." He says as he strokes my hair.

"I don't know how to tell you." I cry and he squeezes me.

"Give it your best shot kiddo. I will always be here for you and will help you with whatever you need." He tells me and I sigh.