Chapter 20

"Em, get your ass moving." Colton said as he came into my room. I was still laying in the same spot that I had been 30 minutes ago. "If you don't get up, I'll drag you downstairs myself."

"Chill out. I'm going." I say with a sigh as I pull myself off the bed. Today was homecoming and I still had not moved from my bed. It was already 11 o'clock. I had a hair and makeup appointment at 1 and then pictures at 4. After we had pictures taken, Colton was going to take me out to eat and then we would be heading to the dance.

Coltons parents were visiting his family a few hours from here so he was staying with us for this week. He had slept in my room last night and wouldn't let me go to sleep so now he's paying for it.

I rolled out of bed and pulled my shirt on over my sports bra before lazily making my way downstairs to grab a bite for breakfast. My mom had left a plate of pancakes in the microwave so I heated them up. As I was sitting on the stool eating, a pair of arms wrapped around me.

"What are you doing?" I ask Colton.

"Hugging my best friend to annoy her." He mumbles into my hair. I swear he's a jumbo sized baby.

"Get off." I lightly slap the back of his shoulder. Instead of releasing me he squeezes me tighter.

"You're a grouch today." He informs me and I can't help but laugh.

"Who's fault is that? You kept me awake all night." I mumble to him.

"We were having fun. Quit being a party pooper." He releases me from the hold and let's me finish eating. I head upstairs to change and Colton just follows me. He plops onto my bed and watches as I grab a pair of joggers and a hoodie.

"Do you know what privacy is?" I ask as he continues to watch me.

"I've seen it before Em. I don't really care." He rolls his eyes. I just turn and strip down to my underwear and bra before pulling the pants and hoodie on. "You're not taking a shower? Thats a first. You usually always have to take an hour long shower before getting ready."

"For one, I took one right before bed yesterday. For two, I can't wash my hair before my appointment." I explain and he nods.

"So I just need to drop you off and be there to pick you up when it's done?" Colton asks and I nod.

"It should only take an hour and a half to two hours. I'll text you when it's almost finished." I explain to him. He nods his head and grabs his wallet. We make our way downstairs and out to his truck. He drives me into town where my appointment was.

"I'll be out here when your done." He tells me and I nod before telling him goodbye and making my way inside. It took a lot of internal talks to get myself to walk inside by myself but I managed without having a panic attack.

It took me two hours to get my hair, nails and makeup completed. I paid for it and then went out the door. Colton had already texted me and said that he was sitting outside.

"Wow, you look great." Colton says as I climb into the truck.

"Thanks. You won't see me in the dress until we leave though." I point out. He needs to be surprised when he sees me. It's bad enough he already sees my hair and makeup.

"Fine." He pouts before he starts the truck and drives us home. We go separate ways when he parks in my driveway. I went into my house while he walked across the yard towards his house.

I headed upstairs to get into my dress. My mom should be home any minute to help with it. I got the dress from my closet and had it laid out. I changed into a white thong with a matching white lace strapless bra. It was the only think I could wear without it showing.