Chapter 12

"Do you like it?" My mom asked as I was eating lunch. It was some salad that she bought a new dressing for.

"Yeah it good." I told her. She had made me a ham salad sandwich and salad.

"Where did you take it?" I heard my dads voice as he walked through the door. I looked up to see Colton following him.

"Slivers came and picked it up." Colton responded to him.

"And your dad couldn't figure it out?" He asked Colton.

"Nope. We've been working on it for the last two days. He couldn't figure out what was wrong." Colton said.

"What was wrong with what?" I ask because I wanted to know what they were talking about.

"My truck won't start so dad and I were working on it but still didn't get it working. It's at a different shop now." Colton explained to me.

"Ohh okay." I say and take another bite of my salad.

"You have any more food?" Colton asked my mom. I held up my sandwich cause I wasn't real hungry and this salad would feel me up. "Do you not want it?"

"No I'm not that hungry." I tell him and hand him the plate. He took it and started eating my sandwich.

"You could always borrow my old truck if you need it." My dad offers Colton.

"Oh no I don't want to do that. I'm hoping they can fix my truck." Colton said with a mouthful of sandwich.

"Don't talk with your mouthful." My mom scolded him and I chuckled.

"Yes mom." Colton joked and she hit him in the back of the head.

"I haven't checked out the old truck for a while, you want to help me?" My dad asked Colton.

"Sure." Colton shrugged. He stuffed the rest of the sandwich into his mouth and followed my dad to the garage.

"That boy." My mom muttered and shook her head.

"What?" I ask her.

"He's about to turn 18 and he still acts like he's 5." She said with a grin. "I can't believe you two are so old. It feels like yesterday when you was in the hospital and we started watching Colton. The second we brought you home from the hospital, you and Colt was inseparable. He always wanted to hold you or sleep beside you. He didn't understand that you were so small and had to be on oxygen though."

"I wish I could remember those times." I tell her. I wish I could remember the times when I was so carefree and didn't have a worry in the world.

"I do too sweetie but at least we have thousands of photos that you can look back on." She said with a smile.

"That is true." I tell her.

"I have an idea." She spoke up.

"What?" I ask.

"If your dad agrees we should all go riding today. It's pretty and we just had some rain so it shouldn't be dusty." She suggested.