Chapter 24

I woke up to a wave of nausea but it quickly passed. Ever since around thanksgiving when they switched my medicine, I've been nauseous. I just had to make it one more month before I could switch back.

Today was Christmas so as soon as I got up and had used the bathroom, I went to change into some Christmas pajamas. I changed into red plaid pants and a black hoodie. I left my hair down since I had straightened it yesterday and then slipped on my black slippers since it was cold.

I followed the smell of food downstairs and went to the kitchen. My mom was making a huge breakfast bar for everyone. Colton's family, Zach's family, and my uncle Drew's family was all going to be here for Christmas.

I helped my mom finish up the food and with in half an hour, everyone starting showing up. We were going back to our old traditions where we just wore Christmas comfy clothes or pajamas. We would have at brunch, watch a Christmas movie, open presents, play games and then finish it off with a big turkey dinner.

"Did you two plan that?" My mom asked and I looked up at here. She was pointing beside me so I turned to see Colton standing there. He was wearing red plaid pants, a black hoodie and black socks. Literally an outfit identical to what I was wearing.

"No I haven't talked to him since two days ago. Why'd you wear that?" I ask him.

"It looked Christmasy so I threw it on. I could ask you the same." He says with a laugh.

"Mine was the same reason." I tell him which makes my mom laugh too.

"You two act like you can read each other's minds." She says with a shake of her head and walks off.

"You two look cute." Cole says with a smirk. He still believes something is going on between Colton and I but at least he is friendly to us now.

"I just got a call from Drew, they are sick so they couldn't fly in for the holidays." My dad announces. Since we weren't waiting on anyone else, we all sat down at the table and dug into the food my mom had prepared. I had some hash browns and eggs with a glass of orange juice. I wasn't really hungry so I was the first one finished. I offered to take Bentley from Kim that way she could eat.

Bentley came right to me and sat on my lap with a grin. "I think he has his first crush." Kim says which makes everyone at the table laugh. I played with him as everyone finished eating. Mel and Zach's twins picked polar express to watch so after everyone finished, we went down to the basement. The younger kids sat on the floor while the adults sat on the couch. I jumped into my seat that I always sit in before anyone else could. Colton flipped down beside me and luckily there was enough room that we could stay there.

My dad started the movie on the big screen so I curled up and started to watch it. The movie took two hours so when it was over, the twins were very excited to start opening gifts.

We all migrated upstairs to the living room where the tree was with all the presents. There was a lot of presents stacked up under it this year. Last year it was just ours and Drew's family. "Em, why don't you Colton and Mel pass out the gifts?" My mom says and I nod.

We get up and start looking through the presents. We look at the name and then hand it to the correct person. All the adults just got each other small gifts like a bottle of alcohol and a gift card to somewhere they liked but they bought presents for all of the kids. Colton and I had the smallest stacks of about 10 things while the younger kids had even more. I didn't care about receiving gifts anymore, instead I'd rather give them and see the joy it gives others.

After all the gifts were passed out and was with the correct person, we started opening them. I watched others open there's before I started on mine. I had got my mom a gift card to a spa place for a massage, and a gift card for old navy since she always shops there. I also threw in some new bath and body scents that I thought she'd like. For my dad, I found a tool kit that he had seen on tv and was talking about it a few different times so I bought it. I had got a Mel a gift card to Victoria secrets and also got her bath and body works sprays along with a new volleyball since hers broke. For the younger kids, I helped my parents pick out toys that I thought they'd like and for Cole, we just got him a gift card to buckle so he could get himself what he wanted and liked.

I had struggled to think of something to get Colton that he didn't already have, so with the help of my parents, I got him tickets to an nfl game along with a jersey from his favorite team. Even though he could no longer play football, he still loved it. He did finally get his sling off last week but the doctor confirmed that the muscles were too delicate to continue playing.

I watched as Colton started opening the gift that I got him. He pulled out the hoodie first and smiled when he seen it was his favorite team and then he grabbed the envelope that was under it. I seen his eyes go wide as he figured out what they were. "No way! You actually got me tickets to see them?!" He asked in and excited voice and I nod. "Thank you so much Em." He tells me.

"Open your gifts." My dad says to me. I started opening them. From the other parents, I got gift cards to all my favorite places. I got to the gift my parents got me and started opening it. I pulled out a black bikini first and raised an eyebrow at my mom. The next thing I grabbed was paper at the bottom of the box. I read over it and couldn't believe it. It was tickets to a resort in Hawaii for next month! There were 4 airplane tickets and then a picture of the hotel.

"This is a part of your gift as well Colton. We made sure it was alright with your parents so if you want, you can travel to Hawaii with us." My dad tells him and he immediately said he wanted to. I had always wanted to go to Hawaii but we were never able to.

I had one last present to open and it was one from Colton. He got me a necklace that I had always looked at when we went to the mall. It was beautiful but way to expensive so I never would buy it. When I opened the box and seen what it was, I immediately jumped to my feet and sprinted at Colton. I jumped on him in a hug and luckily he stayed standing and didn't fall. "Thank you Colton, I love it."

I go to hop down off Colton but my mom tells me to stay. "Stay there so I can get a picture of you too. You look so cute in your matching outfits, it's like how we used to dress you two when you were younger." My mom says. We both smile at the camera and then I get down.

I help my dad pick up the wrapping paper mess that was thrown all over the living room. Since it was already 4, all the girls headed to the kitchen to start cooking the big dinner. The twins had taken Mel back downstairs where they were playing with new toys they had got today. Poor Mel didn't stand a chance at telling them that she didn't want to play so she was always playing with them. While the guys went out to the garage probably to drink beer, I stayed in the living room with Colton and Cole, and of course little Bentley. I offered to watch him while Kim helped with dinner.

I loved having a big Christmas get together like this. Being surrounded with the ones who mean so much to you never gets old. I wished Drew and my grandparents could have made it, but it was still a good day regardless. This Christmas was a lot better than the past few years. It was not only better because I felt better about myself, but also that we were all happier back here in Tennessee.

This chapter is short but I wanted to get it updated before I left for vacation. It is now 12 o'clock at night and we are leaving at 5 in the morning but getting this chapter published is worth the short amount of sleep. I most likely will not have time to update in the next week but I will do a double update as soon as I get back!