Chapter 33

Colton's Pov

I was walking with Emory towards the pool where her parents were when she grabbed onto my arm. I looked over and she seemed pale. No longer than a couple seconds after I asked her if she was alright, she was falling to the ground. I luckily caught her before she could land on her belly. I gently lowered her as I called for liv and Blake. A kind older couple called 911 and stood beside me while I checked her pulse. She was still breathing so that was at least good.

Her parents came running when they seen me on the ground with Em. "She was walking and looked pale and then just passed out." I explain erratically to them. Liv tried to wake her up but she wasn't responding. I could hear sirens and was grateful that there was a hospital close by.

I continued to hold her until the EMTs got there. They loaded her on a stretcher and put her in the ambulance. Since we had no car to follow them, they allowed me to sit up front and her parents to sit in the back with her to the hospital.

It was only a few minute drive before they were unloading her and rushing her into the hospital. We ran after them and liv was basically screaming to the nurse that Em was pregnant and needed checked immediately.

They took us back to a room and brought a doctor in. It was a younger male. He looked at all of us before going to her and checking her vitals. "How far along is she?"

"19 weeks." Liv tells him.

"Has she been sleeping more or complaining of tiredness? And what kind of diet does she usually have, like meats or veggies?"

"She's been tired a lot but she's pregnant so we thought it was due to the baby. She eats a consistent diet of meats and veggies. One main meat and then veggies on the side."

"I suspect she fainted due to anemia basing it on her pale skin and the tiredness. It's not uncommon for younger girls that already have low blood count numbers to become anemic when pregnant since the baby takes out a lot of their nutrients. I'm going to check her blood count to make sure and then we can get her back to feeling better."

The doctor left for a little bit before coming back to complete the test for her blood count check. It took them an hour to finally come back and give us answers.

"I was correct, she is pretty anemic. Like I said, it's normal to for pregnant women to be a little anemic but Emory is borderline to becoming a severe case of anemia. I'm going to go ahead and give her an iron infusion today and then from here on out she will need to take an iron supplement and eat lots of foods that are high in iron. I'm assuming you are here on vacation?" He asks and we all nod. "I will send you with enough supplement pills to get through the end of this month but when you head back, you need to see the primary doctor and get more. I will also send you with a list of good foods that she needs to make sure to eat a lot of."

"Thank you." Blake tells him. "When will she wake up?"

"Probably within a couple hours. She's just sleeping right now from the exhaustion that she's been having lately. It's perfectly normal for people to sleep a few hours after fainting, it's like a way of recharging their body." The doctor tells us and it makes since.

He left the room a little bit after giving her an iv and told one us to just stay with her for when she does wake up. "I'm going to go down and grab something to drink, do you two need anything?" Liv asks. I ask her for a water.

"I'll go with you to help you." Blake tells her and then follows her out of the room.

I take a seat by Ems bed and hold onto her hand. I feel her squeeze mine and I jump. I wasn't expected that. "Are you awake Em?" I ask her and I watch her head nod. She started stirring and finally opened her eyes. "I'm so glad your awake."

"The baby?" She asks me immediately.

"The baby is fine. I caught you before you could fall on your stomach. You're anemic which is what caused you to pass out. The doctor said it's normal for girls to be anemic during pregnancy but yours is borderline severe so they gave you an iron infusion and will be giving you supplements to help." I ramble off to her.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know i was putting the baby in danger." She says with a frown.

"It's not your fault, you had no idea. None of us did. We know now though and you can take stuff to help, it will make you feel less tired too." I tell her. I lean over her and wipe the few tears that fell down her cheeks, before connecting my lips with hers. I feel her smile into the kiss and I can't help but smile back.

"Mhm, what is this?" I pull away and look to the door, where Blake and Liv both are standing. Blake has his arms crossed over his chests to look more intimidating while Liv is just looking at me with a big smile. "I knew it! You two are together." Liv says happily.

"We just officially got together a few days ago and wanted to keep it to ourselves for a little bit first." I say quickly. I feel like a little kid that just got caught stealing a candy bar. I hope they won't be mad that we kept it from them.

"I've waited 17 years for this." Liv says and I swear she's about to cry.

"Mooom." Emory groans which makes her dad laugh.

"Now I must say, we were always guessing this day would come, but Colton, you may be like a son to me but if you break my baby girls heart, there will be consequences." Blake tells me with a face full of seriousness.

"I would never break her heart." I say which makes him smile and give me a nod.

"You ready to get out of here Em? We talked to the nurse and they are getting your medicine ready and then we can leave." Liv says and she nods.

A few hours later and we were walking back into our hotel. The doctor had discharged Emory after going over what to eat and what to not eat with her. He told us all to keep a watch on her and if she sees off or looks pale to make sure she takes an extra pill or goes to the hospital.

It was now almost 10 o'clock at night so we all were exhausted from the long day. We all were also still in our bathing suits. Blake and I had to be in the hospital without a shirt the whole time while liv had grabbed her coverup and wore it.

"I'm going to take a hot bath before going to bed." Emory announces.

"Do you want me to sit in there with you? You should be in a bath alone right now after just getting discharged." Liv tells her. I see Em look between her and me.

"I can sit in there with you if you need me to." I offer which makes both her parents look between us. "That is if you don't care?"

"I want to say no but then again she's already pregnant and we promised to treat you guys the same so go ahead." Blake says to me.

I take Emory's hand and lead her to the bathroom in our room. I put the plug in the bathtub and turn on the water. "Do you want help changing?" I ask her and she nods. I pull the shirt over her head and untie her bathing suit top and bottoms, leaving her naked. I then pull down my swim trunks to match her.

I was getting ready to help her into the tub when she crashed into me. She wrapped her arms tightly around my waste and had her cheek on my chest. I wrapped my arms around her and rested my chin on top of her head. "You feeling okay?" I ask her and she nods.

"I just want a hug." She says in a pouty voice that makes me smile. I give her a squeeze and hold her tightly in my arms.

"You can have as many hugs as you want." I tell her and kiss the top of her head. "But the bath is hot so we should probably get in."

I help lower Emory into the water and then I lower myself in behind her. Once I'm in and my legs are situated on the outside of hers, I pull her back into me. Her back was resting on my chest with my chin on the top of her head and my arms wrapped tightly around her torso.

"I would stay like this forever." She groans. I rub my hands around her belly to help massage it. "That feels amazing."

"I love you." I say to her and kiss her shoulder.

"I love you too." She murmurs.

After the bath turned cold, we got out and dried off. She slipped on one of my shirts and instantly fell asleep. I but some basketball shorts on and followed her to bed. It was an exhausting day for sure.