Chapter 35

We just got home two days ago and Colton and I decided to go ahead and just skip the last two days of school since we'd already missed the rest of the week. Colton had invited all of our closer friends over to the house tonight for a bonfire. We were going to have hot dogs and s'mores on the fire.

The main reason for this event is to tell them that I'm pregnant before it gets out on Monday. Our plan was to tell them tonight and then tomorrow we were going to post the announcement photos we took on vacation. We'd came to the conclusion that if we put it out there before rumors even started, we'd be saving all the drama.

It's now an hour before they get here so I head into my closet to find something to wear. Half of my clothes don't fit or they are skin tight and show my bump to much. I needed to wear something that would hide my bump until we tell them. I decide on a burnt orange sweater and black leggings. The sweater was loose enough to just look baggy but if I pushed it down, it outlined my bump. I'd have to make sure it was loose all night.

Once I'm dressed, I head over to Colton's house to get him

Once I'm dressed, I head over to Colton's house to get him. Kona greeted me at the door and trailed me all the way up to Colton's room. I found him standing by his bed with his jeans on but no shirt. "What are you doing?" I ask because I generally can't tell.

"I was looking for a shirt. I haven't did laundry for a while." He says with a shrug. I go to his closet and dig around all his shirts to find a nice one that would still fit him. I end up finding a football shirt and throw it at him. Luckily it still fit. He acted like a girl with the way he wouldn't throw out his old too small clothes. Half his closet is stuff from like his freshmen year of high school, before all the hours in the weight room.

"They should be here any minute, we need to go set chairs out and meet them." I say.

"No I need to set the chairs out, you can meet them." He tells me and I just not. I know better than to argue with him. He doesn't let me lift anything that could potentially hurt the baby.

We finally got out to the back yard and as he set up all the chairs we had, I stood by the house and watched for them to start showing up. I was glad that he had finished before they got here because I'm still not the best at talking to people.

We had invited our four closest friends, along with a few other football players and cheerleaders. Right at 6 o'clock, everyone started arriving. Colton greeted everyone and told them to find a seat. Faye and Lisa tried to hug me but I made sure to just give them a side hug so they couldn't feel the bump.

Everyone sat around and talked as they took turns cooking their hotdogs over the fire. "So we actually had something to tell you guys today too." Colton spoke up and got their attention. He looked to me and nodded.

"I'm pregnant." I say quietly and they all snap their heads at me in shock.

"Did I hear that right?" Lisa asks me and I nod. She squeals and jumps up before running towards me. She throws her arms around me in a hug. "Congratulations! I'm so excited, I've always loved babies."