Chapter 17

"Em wake up." I felt someone shaking my shoulder. I groaned and rolled over. "Woah there." I heard them say again and I knew it was Colton. I groaned and opened my eyes. Colton had his eyes covered and turned towards my wall. That's when I realized that I was still in my towel. I just have slept through dinner and slept all last night.

"Sorry, I'm up." I tell him and wrap the towel back around me. "You're safe now." He turns back around to look at me.

"Do you always sleep in a towel?" He asks with a smirk and I hit him.

"I guess I fell asleep after I got home yesterday." I mumble while I get up and walk in my closet. Since it's not the first day of school and I don't need to make any impressions today, I decide to throw my hair up into a messy bun and wear a comfy outfit. It's Friday anyways.

I pulled out a pair of gray leggings and a fury zip up jacket. I put on a white tank top under the jacket just incase I would get hot. I paired it with my gray and white adidas shoes. It was a comfy hobo like outfit but I could care less. My muscles were sore from yesterday.

Once I finished getting dressed, I walked back out and met Colton in my room

Once I finished getting dressed, I walked back out and met Colton in my room. I grabbed my back pack and went to grab my cheer bag but Colton already had it in his hand. "You ready?" He asks me and I nod. I follow him down stairs and across the yard to his truck. I throw my bag into his back seat and pull myself up into his passenger seat.

"I heard that the results are posted in the locker rooms." Colton tells me as we pull into the school parking lot.

"I hope I made the team." I say.

"I know you made the team. You're great." He says as we both hop out of the truck. I sling my back pack onto my shoulders and go to grab my cheer bag. Colton already had it in his hand along with his football gear. He wouldn't give it to me so I gave up and walked with him into the school.

As we neared the locker rooms, he came to a stop and handed me my bag. "Meet me back out here as soon as you get the results." Colt tells me and I nod. I head inside and put my bag in my locker before going over to where the teams were posted. The locker room was empty so I was able to see it.

I looked under the jv team first and couldn't find my name. I started scanning the varsity team but couldn't find my name. Did I really suck so bad that I didn't make either team? I was about to turn away to go and get my bag back out of the locker when a post it note taped near the side of the list caught my eyes.

Captain- Emory Connor
CoCaptain- Faye Elswick

Holy shit! I'm the varsity captain! I ran back out to the hallway and crashed into Colton. "I'm taking that as you made the team?" He asks with a chuckle and I nod excitedly.

"I'm captain!" I tell him and he looked down with a smile.

"Well this year will be fun." He says with a wide grin taking over his face.