Chapter 3

Averys Pov

"Momma, I'm bored." I whined to my mom. She was in the kitchen cooking something.

"See what Coltons doing or go out by the pool and sunbathe like you would always do in Florida." My mom suggested. I survived the last two weeks of school. I didn't talk to anyone and to be honest I don't think anyone really noticed me. Colton gave me rides to school and once we arrived I quickly left as Colton went and talked to his girlfriend.

It was now officially summer and I was bored out of my mind. "Where's my old trampoline mat?" I ask her. I thought that I could work on some new tricks.

"It's up in the gym room." She says. I nod and skipped upstairs. Today I was feeling better. I don't really know what changed but I was just in a good mood. I went into the home gym type of room and found the mat. I then drug the mat outside and started inflating it.

Once it was inflated I walked back up to my room and changed into a black sport bra and some spandex shorts. I threw my hair up into a messy bun.

I went downstairs and got some water before going to the mat

I went downstairs and got some water before going to the mat. I decided to do some basics since I haven't practiced for a while. I started out with standing tucks and then I went to some back walk overs. Once I had warmed up some, I started doing my routine that I had made last year.

The routine consisted of an arial, back handspring, full round, and then landing it with a double front flip. I completed the routine once and was starting it again when a big ball of fluff came running at me. Mid arial, I stopped so I wouldn't land on Kona. Stopping that fast caused me to fall and land on my head.

"Oh my god, are you okay? I'm so sorry I didn't know you were out here or I would have put her on leash." Colton came running up beside me. I grunted as I detangled myself and sat up.

"I'm fine." I tell him and instantly want to cover myself. Im very self conscious. Kona makes her way into my lap and licks my face.

"I didn't know you could do that." Colton stated.

"Yeah. I went to a cheer camp the first year in Florida and then I started learning the gymnastic side of it." I tell him.

"Why don't you cheer for the school?" He asks.

"I don't know anyone and I'd be all awkward." I mumble.

"You'd be great at it and you would know them once you tried out." He said.

"I can't do it." I tell him. I look at the house to see mom coming towards us.

"Do you two want to try a new recipe I made?" She asked.

"Sure." Colton said and followed her to the house. I stood up and walked behind them with Kona.

"It's a new dessert that I thought sounded good." My mom said and handed us each a piece. I took a bite and felt sick so I laid it down. "You don't like it?"