Chapter 14

"Emory, sweetie, wake up." I felt a light shaking of my shoulder. I groaned and rubbed my eyes as I sat up.

"Hmm." I said as I looked to both of my parents that were standing at the side of my bed. They looked to be going somewhere. They both had on good clothes and their shoes.

"Sweetie we have to leave for a little bit. I'm not sure when we will be back. We just got a call that your dads uncle is sick and we want to go down there and see if there's anything we can do to help." My mom told me.

"I'll be fine here." I tell them. I have only met my great uncle a hand full of times when I was younger. Apparently he was my grandpas twin brother and he was the only one who was surviving on my dads side. He helped my dad as he was growing up.

He used to visit when I was young but then his wife divorced him and he decided to travel. He got back and moved to a town that was about 4 hours from here. Right around the time he came back was the time that we moved to Florida and we never got to see him again. I really hope he's okay for my dads sake. I know he sees him as a dad.

"Sarah and Mike are working today but can be here if anything happens. I talked to Colton and he said that him and Mel could come over today. If we aren't back by tonight they can either stay here or you can go stay at there house. I don't want you to stay here alone after dark." My dad says and gives me a hug. My mom gives me one next.

"I'll be fine. Keep me updated with how he's doing." I tell them.

"Will do sweetie. I love you." My mom said and gave me a kiss on the forehead. My dad did the same.

"I love you both two." I tell them and then they leave. I get up and use the bathroom before crawling back into bed. It was a little hot so I threw my shirt off and quickly fell back asleep. I needed a few more hours of good sleep.

I woke up a few hours later with something wet licking my face. I shot up out of bed to see Kona sitting there. I sighed a breath of release and looked up to where Colton was leaning on my door frame. "You just scared the hell out of me."

"Sorry." He said with a shrug. "By the way, did you know that you sleep with your hand cradling your chin?"

I swear my face turns bright red and I roll over into the pillow. "Shut up." I groan into my pillow before sitting back up. "What are you doing here?"

"Blake texted me and asked if me and Mel could come over. Mel is at her friends house, soo you got me." He says and looks down at me. I was only wearing my Calvin Klein sport bra and underwear set. He could see my top half.

"Can you hand me a shirt that's in the top drawer?" I ask Colton and point to the dresser it's in

"Can you hand me a shirt that's in the top drawer?" I ask Colton and point to the dresser it's in. He grabs the top one and tosses it to me. I throw it over my head and it covers to about mid to low thigh. "Alright I'm good now. Want breakfast?" I ask him.

"I've already ate." He tells me. "But I'll go down there and wait for you to eat." He says with a shrug and we make our way downstairs. Kona followed us down. I go to the fridge and pull out some fruit to make a protein smoothie with. I throw it all into the blender and watch as it blends.