3.7 | real identities

★彡

★彡

for once their teleporting trip was a lot safer and a lot less appearing 4ft above the ground. their feet were thankfully readily on the ground in their new locations.

expectedly, the place was not pretty. it was dark and gloomy with the lights eerily flickered above their heads. couldn't get more inviting.

"is this the bad guy's lair?" jisung looked round. they had appeared in a long deserted hallway that felt awfully chilly.

"seems like it, guess my dad didn't bother with the interior design for this place."

"no he did a good job because i'm definitely spooked right now." he shivered "he really captured the villain feeling."

haru sighed "so much for bringing a superhero along with me."

"hey i'm just the neighbourhood guy, i'm new to this as much as you are."

in their short moment of silence, the duo heard a faint noise. "did you hear that?"

they concentrated on the small croaking that oddly sounded like someone mumbling her name. it was from behind them.

"fuck." she cursed.

upon the ground was a frail battered body, his back leaning against the stained wall of his own blood. from the looks of his busted bleeding lip, it was obvious he beaten badly, but by who?

haru dashed over to the body with tears brimming her eyes. "lix?" she knelt beside him, slowly tipping his head upwards. the injuries looked more painful up close.

despite how much she detested him for betraying her, seeing him hurt felt even worse.

the boy could barely open his swollen eyes. it was obvious he had been beaten badly. "i'm sorry ru." he said weakly.

"what happened to you?" her voice shaking.

"i was supposed to stop this, i'm supposed to protect you." he managed to say, tears slowly rolling down his cheek.

"you're supposed to protect me?"

the boy coughed violently blood trickling over his lips.

"don't say anything stupid, you're hurting yourself." she begged, holding back her tears. she gently shook his bruised face in her hands to keep him conscious but his eyes slowly closed shut. "hey stay awake, imagine there's a school fight!"

haru immediately turned to jisung, her eyes begging for some answers to save her dying friend. he had never seen her so distraught before. "spider man what do we do, he needs medical help!"

even though he hated felix, his heart broke watching someone, so dear to him, pleading for any reassurance. he didn't want him to die.

"i'll take him don't worry." he placed a hand on her shoulder "we're going to teleport back to school, i saw some ambulances out there and i'll make sure he gets immediate attention okay?"