4.2 | the plan that goes boom

★彡

★彡

with fingers intertwined choi haru and spider man raced down the dreary hallway of her mother's evil lair or as her jisung would like to call it the 'choi cave'.

"get it? because it's like batman!" he cheered, way too happy with his creation.

usually, haru would tease him for his dumb name that she secretly thought was cute but with all the shitty things that occurred today, it had finally taken a toll on her morale and jisung could clearly tell.

"hey, you good?" he asked attentively "i mean i know you're not but you and yeji were pretty close. that must've hurt."

she didn't even bother faking a smile "i'm used to it now." the shine in her eyes was dim "it just sucks how i left her there, i wanted her to pay for what she did. i'm no different to my mom."

"hey." jisung said sternly, catching her attention "you are not like your mother. it's normal to be mad, to want revenge but you didn't. you saved her." he tucked her crazy hair behind her ear, stroking her deep olive cheeks tenderly until he pulled his hands back to his side, embarrassed from his own affectionate actions.

she fumbled with her thumbs timorously "thanks hamji." the girl glanced down "it's just the thought that me and yeji are practically the same is stuck in my mind. constantly compared to each other, forced to compete before we could talk. she's just another kid wanting love and approval from her motherly figure like me."

jisung gazed upon her warmly "and that's what makes you different, you have a heart and you empathize."

haru itched to see the face under the mask, worried that it would her last time. the light in her eyes slowly dimmed as if she was already mourning if they were ever torn away from each other "can i ask you something?" he nodded "just don't leave me too. please?"

"you're really asking me to do that? you must be underestimating how i feel about you."

haru giggled, anything he said really could lift up her mood.

"don't worry yeji is safe, i spin the best webs."

her lips slowly turned upwards, trusting him. a few moments ago, the two had previously quickly transported to the surface and haru had accurately calculated where yeji would land in a spur of seconds.

"you know how to use the teleporter?" jisung queried curiously.

she confirmed in confidence"i've read the blueprints a thousand times, i know what i'm doing." she frowned "shouldn't you be weaving and not questioning me?"

he saluted "yes ma'am."

it didn't take long until the pair had finally reached the official quarters, where haru had previously had her lovely reunition with her mother. the head office seemed to be deserted, not even a security guard in sight. it was silent, eerily silent and she hated it.