1.9 | feelings? i don't know her

★彡

★彡

"so this is why ants prosper together as a colony." haru summarized, gesturing towards the powerpoint.

jisung grinned awkwardly "thank you for listening to our presentation."

the class erupted in a round of applause at the informative project created by the two. there was a sigh of relief released from him, thankful that it was over. despite running around in public in a skintight suit, han always felt more self-conscious talking in front of crowds.

hyunjin wasn't really much help either. he'd just slap his ass and wink instead of reassuring him as best friends do.

"amazing presentation. of course this is the standard of work i'm expecting from my two highest students." miss lee silenced the clapping "now who's next, hmm how about gowon and eric–"

the bell rang cutting off the teacher, indicating the lesson was over.

"well i'll see your presentation next lesson then. you're free to leave"

the blonde girl pumped her fist gleefully "oh thank god i have not done any of it."

since it was now lunch, the students rushed out of the classroom without any hesitation.

miss lee then glanced back at the used to be rivals "good job you two, i'm really happy to see this project has ended your silly argument."

in the corner of his eye, he could see his partner, flash her usual devilish smile. whenever she'd smile like that to him a few months before, he was always worried she filled his locker with spaghetti again.

"i'm glad too miss lee." haru agreed. "right hamji?"

her question knocked him out of his little trance whilst he was busy staring at her "ugh right yes."

"well i was like you guys when i was your age too. always arguing with this one girl who thought she was smarter than me." the teacher reminisced.

"really?" he asked, "did you guys settle the rivalry too?"

the lady shook her head "of course not, i'm still arguing with her to this day. the only time we ever agreed was on getting married."

★彡

side by side, the newly made friends walked together through the hallway. for once neither of them burst out into a quarrel like they usually did but instead they enjoyed the silence between them.

"so it's over now huh?" haru said shoving her hands in her pocket.

the boy shouldered his bag "what a relief, now we don't have to put up with each other."

her face faltered "oh right." she tucked her hair behind her ears. "so you're actually glad the project is over?"

jisung shrugged "yeah of course, aren't you? i thought you'd be happy."