Thoughts

Angry thoughts raced through my head like a stampede as I headed towards the big house. For once, I didn't care about anything except for myself, I was done with the torment, I was done with the pity, and I needed a break from it. "Ah Perseus, how may I help you?" Chiron smiled at me, although the look was sympathetic. Pity and sympathy didn't help with the bitter thoughts, it only made my rage grow.

"Hi, I'm just here to inform you that I'm leaving camp for a while, might not come back until next summer." I said solemnly, and he understood, the look on his face told me he did, and I was grateful.

"Of course, you've had an, uh, eventful summer, to say the least." He said, biting his cheek, he felt bad, I could tell that he did, but his guilt didn't seem to bug me. I hated myself, my bitterness and my selfishness, but I can't handle this anymore! The only thing I could do was nod, and look at my feet. "Well," he cleared his throat, "don't let me hold you back. Come back when you're ready." He smiled softly at me and I smiled back, walking out.

I was quick to pack my bags, even quicker to hop out a back window and out of the borders where no one can see me. The long walk around the borders helped me calm my thoughts, and also helped me realize. I'm cold, I'm mean, I'm cruel, I'm bitter. And all it took was a man to break me down that easily. Sticks and bones didn't break me, a whip and humiliation did. Mr Doc had ruined me with his constant need to hurt me, to embarrass me, to make me think of thoughts I haven't had since I was young. With my moms coma, Mr doc just didn't help. I probably need help, I've been sleeping less and less, I don't eat much, I've constantly thought of self harm, and I've had some violent thoughts.

Hours seemed to go by of me just walking silently, I was on a back road heading towards Montuak beach. The place is like a home to me. I sighed heavily when I got a call, the camp phone? Okay, I know I shouldn't have a phone, but I can protect myself.

"Hello?" I asked curiously, and I sat down on the edge of the road, outside the painted line.

"Perseus! where did you go?" I heard a shout, and I flinched, looking over my shoulder, and I gulped.

"I left camp, I don't plan on coming back until the next summer." I said, and I heard a sigh.

"What happened?" Jason asked me and I sighed.

"It's-" I stopped myself, someone should know. "It's just been to much, Jason. I'm not okay anymore. Everything's just rushing back, all the bitterness and anger, the thoughts of, uh, self harm." I admitted nervously, but I didn't stop, "I'm not who I was, I thought I'd never be depressed again, but, it looks like I'm spiralling back to it." I sighed, and I heard his gulp, like he didn't expect that.

"Are you going to get help?" He asked me quietly, like he didn't know what to say, which I understood completely.

  "I think so." I sighed, "but I'm not coming back for a while, I'll come back when I feel like I have to or when I'm ready." I said, not giving him time to reply before hanging up, and sighing.

   The rest of the day was oddly quiet, but also tense, I was waiting to get attacked, to be pushed to the ground as everyone stared at me. I'm not afraid to admit my fears to myself, to other people, that's a different story. Mr Doc made me realize I was afraid of humiliation, of everyone realizing I'm not as strong as they think I am. It's hard for me to admit to the ones that adore me that I'm not invincible, I'm not someone who always wins every battle and I'm not someone to rely on. The way Mr Doc had ruined me will forever still with me, but I need to recover from it, I don't have a choice.

Before long, I was sitting at the beach, crossing my legs and staring at the sunrise, it helped calm me down, I felt at peace. Realistically, I knew this wouldn't last. It's part of the amazing life of Percy Jackson, I'm the one that wants the regular life, I get the hectic life that some people only wish they could be part of. I know there's people out there who wish life weren't so repetitive but it's all I want right now. Nothing sounds better than going to school and doing homework every night, it's better than running from monsters and evil people who just want you dead. "Perseus." I heard someone say, and I looked everywhere, the voice was almost familiar but I couldn't place it. I stood up, looking everywhere around me, trying to figure out where this mysterious person was. "Run!" I heard it say, now, you're probably wondering what I did, and you probably thinking I ran, but, I didn't.

"Who are you? Where are you?" I asked, spinning in a circle to make sure nothing would pop up behind me, I hate jump scares.

"Run!" It demanded again, "before it's to late!" That's when I booked it, towards the waves, I'll get a shark to give me a ride once I'm farther out and feel safe. I leaped into the water, just in time to because once I turned around I saw the Minotaur who turned around once it had lost its scent on me. How could it find me so fast? My scent isn't that strong? I continued to swim for a while, until I started just floating casually.

Once I was a safe enough distance from the shore, I had called Hippocampi, who agreed to give me a ride to shore, as far away from camp as humanly possible.