2.

The cars sped down the road in perfect uniform as their lord settled comfortably inside the car with a sleepy Winter snuggled in his arms.

Theo's goons continue driving, covering the front and back of his car protecting him as they drew nearer to the estate. It was one of the many estates he owned but was not as big as the 'Dandelion'. However since his Winter loved this place, he settled here. He was willing to grow old with her here. Winter would call this place as her 'safe haven' as this was where she met Theo who saved him when she was lost.

Recalling this memory, a smile crept into Theo's face as he watched the sun setting down. He turned his gaze down at Winter and his heart warmed up at the sight of her. Oh where he would be without her. He finally found a reason to live and fight for. His face darkened at the thought of not meeting her and never knowing her.

"Theo?" Winter calls out sleepily.

"Hmm?"

"Did you put a tracker on my phone?"

Theo chuckled. "What do you think?"

Winter snuggled into his chest more and went back to sleep as she got her answer.

They soon reached their haven and his goons come running to open the door for their lord.

"Go and take a bath first muffin."
"I've told Maria to cook your favourite food, we can have our dinner soon." Theo tilts his head and smiles as he says this to her.

"Really?" Winter beams with joy as she finally get to have her favourite spicy food again. Theo didn't allow her to have it often because she would get gastritis from having spicy food. Her health was his no. 1 priority.

Winter ran into the room hurriedly in excitement. Theo watched his Winter go into the room when his phone rings,
"Speak..."
"My lord, we lost them again. I don't think they are trying to attack us. Maybe..." the person on the other line stuttered and hesitated to complete his sentence.

Theo being the smart and intelligent man he was understood what he was hesitating to say.

"Say it..."

"I....."

"Say it Joe...."
"You know I don't like people who don't listen to me."

Joe gulps and thinks twice before answering him.

"The other party is searching....for something. Its just my suspicion, it can't be true but I.....I feel they want Winter."

Theo releases a deep breath after what Joe had to say. He brings his hand to massage the nape of his neck and stretches his neck slowly side to side. His veins clearly visible and looked as if it would pop any moment.

The silence on the other side brings more fear to Joe as he starts sweating and waits for his lord's reply.

Soon the gloomy look on Theo's face is replaced with a demonic grin and psychotic chuckle as he finds the situation more and more annoying.

"Joe?" "Its been long since I had some fun."

Here we go again, Joe thinks to himself. His lord was up to something this time round too.

Theo chuckled again, his eyes growing more intense. He pauses for a second and says "We play..."

Being the goofy prankster he was even when situations seemed serious, he always loved to have a good game to amuse himself.

Theo cuts the call and imagine how he was going to be entertained soon enough.
"Take my Winter away from me?" He smirks.

It had been more than a year now since he was with Winter.

He found her teary eyed and gasping for breath outside his gate one day. At first, he was amused seeing an innocent girl all alone by herself.
The fact that anyone would want to hang around near his territory was only courting for death.

However, as he looked into her round hazel eyes he felt his soul being swallowed by her.

The effect she had on him intrigued him so he took her in.

Thereafter, he tried to get her to speak so many times about what happened to her on many occasions but to no avail he was successful.
He stopped asking when she continued to refuse to say anything about it.
He went to investigate more on her but found nothing.

As time went by, he started to develop feelings for her and pampered her everyday. She was healing and at the same time he felt like he was also healing. He didn't know what it was but he felt like he was getting well.

They both tried to forget what happened in the past or more like tried to avoid it because for one, it triggered fear and brought sad memories while for the other, he did not want his beloved to be in despair.

But now, the bottled things that had been buried deep into the ground were starting to resurface to the ground.
Theo did not like it one bit. It bothered him to the core especially because Winter was involved.

This time, he planned to end it once and for all. He was not going to let anybody get in his way with Winter.

Please do vote for this chapter if you liked it!🙏🏻