22.

"Truth is Simon.... I have been pampered my whole life. Getting all the love and care I don't deserve....but you have always made me feel special and wanted and needed....that I felt like I did deserve it."
Winter continued "Remember that one time you destroyed the families of those popular girls when we were in college?"

"Mmmm?"

"They had called me a witch. They said that I had a black heart just like my name...." Winter started feeling emotional thinking about this memory.
"I..."
"I have come to realise that what they said.... is true after all."
She brought her hand to wipe her tears, sniffling while trying to stop herself  from crying.

"Winter......" Simon frowned. He didn't like where the flow of this conversation was going.

"Do you believe that I'm blocking your future Simon?"

"What? What are you saying?" Simon got up not believing what he just heard.

"You're already engaged.... you have responsibilities as the heir to the Royals. I don't want to get in your way Simon. For once I want to do something for you. I have always received and received from you when I have never actually done anything for you."

"Winter? What is going on?"
"Did somebody say anything to you?" Simon was more than pissed listening to her stupid ideology. He was only going to be hers this lifetime and every other generation if they were reborn again.
"Tell me.... where did you hear about this so called-engagement? And who said you were in my way?"

Winter could only rub her red eyes that were puffy from crying.

"Who put this ridiculous notion into your head?" Simon clenched his fist and was just a few seconds from bursting out in anger.

"That day.... when I was alone....Mia, she came to talk to me."

That was it. That was the final straw. Simon was more than furious. He threw the pillow on the wall and got down from the bed. He flipped the table that was near him, grabbed things on whatever his hands could lay on and threw them breaking it into pieces.

"Simon.... stop" Winter rushed to gather him in her arms.
His heavy breathing showed no signs of steadiness but still he tried to remain calm hiding his face in her bosom.

Simon held her tightly and asked "How? How did you get out of the mansion?"

Winter was scared to tell him the truth because she didn't know how he would react if he came to know about this. He

"Mia tricked me." Winter mumbled.

Simon lifted his gaze, shock visibly apparent on his face.

"She made me get into a black car."
"I don't remember how I got to a different place because they drugged me in the car. When I woke up, Mia was already gone but she left a note....she said that if I were to ever appear in your life or hers again....she would not hesitate to kill me. And....and your mother as well."

Simon was trying to take in every word she said. He couldn't believe Mia had threatened to kill Winter and his mother. Even though the only girl Simon doted on was Winter, he still had love for his mother. The woman who made it possible for him to come into this world, the woman who gave him life, sheltered him and protected him.
Believe it or not, he was also his mommy's boy though he did not show it a lot.

"I was scared to reach out to you."

"How did that criminal find you?"

"I was lost..... I don't know how I reached his estate."
"He was kind enough to take me in."

"Why didn't you tell him you belonged to me?" Simon balled his fist.

"I didn't want to land you in trouble because of me...."

"Winter......"

Winter lowered her gaze, her tears threatening to spill again. She bit her bottom lip to prevent from making a sound.

Simon hugged her so tight like there was no tomorrow. His heart ached so much for this beautiful person. He felt so powerless for the first time in his life.
"Winter......"

After a very emotional catch up, Simon and Winter went to bed.
Simon kissed her forehead and stared at her cute innocent face for a while hoping that when morning comes tomorrow, things will be okay again. That she will not be scarred because of this incident and return to being happy staying with him.
As for Mia and Theodore, he was going to end them. There was no way he was going to rest easy until they were dead.