21.

"Welcome home Young Missy."
Butler Lee bowed.

Winter stepped down from the car and smiled at Butler Lee. She observed her surroundings and saw that everything was the same. They had maintained the decorum exactly how she liked.
She was scared of coming back again yet there was still a small part of hope inside her wishing that everything was going to be okay.

Simon held her soft hands in his and intertwined their fingers bringing it up to his lips just so that he could place a gentle kiss on the back of her hand.
"Lets get you freshened up first...."

"Mmmm..."

"Young Master...the meal is ready. When ever you both are ready." Butler Lee informed Simon and left their room. He was in a great mood himself too. The mansion was buzzing around as if there was a festive to be held. Afterall it was a day to celebrate as his Young Master finally found her and she was home again. What more joyous news did they need to celebrate but the return of their Young Missy.

The servants working in the mansion could not have been more happier because things would go back to normalcy once again. Their Young Master wouldn't be as fussy as he was before and be bothered to throw tantrums and fits since their Young Missy was here.
She was the only one he obeyed and complied to. Her actions and words meant everything to him.

With Winter's presence in the mansion, it only meant that one could laugh and play again. One needn't worry about tiptoeing near their Young Master now or crossing him or being mindful about his mood swings because Winter was there to tame him and protect them from his temper.

All were very happy.

"Winter?"
"Are you okay?"
"If you are not feeling well...I can tell Butler Lee to prepare something for you."

"I'm fine, Simon." Winter replied softly. "Let's go, else the food will go cold." As she turned to walk out the door, Simon caught her wrist and walked in front of her.

"Perhaps you're not upset that you left that criminal back there, are you?" Simon questioned scrunching. He felt slightly irritated thinking of this ideology.

"Simon...."
"I left without saying anything."

"So?"

Winter raised her eyebrows at him.

Simon was angry that despite him being right in front of her she was missing another man.

"Do you love me?"

"Simon...." Winter sighed sensing that he was not happy at all and that he was about to throw fits.

"Answer me Winter..."

"Sit down. I think we should talk."

"No!"
"What's there to talk about? You're back and that's all that matters. We can just go to sleep if you're tired." Simon wanted to avoid the talk because he didn't want to know what she had to say.
What if she chose someone over him?
He only got more angered thinking about it. She isn't suppose to love anybody except him. Her love was only for him and he was not going to share that with anybody.

"You've been way too spoiled Simon." Winter complained.

Simon only held her tightly hiding his face in the crook of her neck.

That night, Simon stuck by Winter like a glue afraid that she would disappear again.
He felt warm sleeping in her arms again. He snuggled into her chest more inhaling her scent. This was what he craved the most when he wasn't with her.

Winter stroked his hair lovingly just like the way she used to.
She thought about the times when he would come to her sulking but she wouldn't do anything to appease his mood but a silent hug was what she would offer and he'd easily accept it and melt into her arms.
She smiled thinking about all the many memories she held with him and the family she made here.

Suddenly she felt her chest go cold. Confused, she looked down to notice that Simon was crying. Her heart broke a little when she saw this.

Simon looked up at her and said "I missed you so much Winter."
"I didn't know if I could fight any longer with my demons. I just wanted to die."

Winter held him to her chest closer hearing these words.
She felt bad and guilty because she thought she had never done anything but cause pain to the people she loves the most.

"I am sorry Simon." Winter teared up.
"I'm sorry for not being there when you needed me the most....I'm sorry for causing you pain.....I'm so...rry...."

"No....I'm sorry for being late...I....should've found you sooner."
"Winter....."
"Why'd you disappear? I.....I only want to know why you left...without telling me. You promised me that you would wait for me to come back that day. You never waited."

"...."

"Tell me why Winter?" Simon urged.

"....."

Winter paused for a long time and debated on whether to let Simon know the reason.

She took a deep breath before deciding that this was it. She was going to tell him.