20.

Why was she taking this long? Thought Theodore as he waited anxiously at the door pacing up and down whilst frowning.

She should have been done by now. Theodore realising that something was wrong decided to go himself in the ladies' washroom to check. Seeing that it was empty, he kicked down all the other doors as well inspecting every nook and corner.

His phone beeped just then. The message read, "You better run for your life now Belardus."

Theodore trashed his phone on the ground furiously.
He turned to face the mirror in front of him and bent down supporting his hands on the sink. His whole body vibrated as he maniacally laughed throwing his head backwards.
One moment he was grinning and amused, the next he was agitated and violent. In one blow, his fist shattered the mirror on the wall. All he could see now was his distorted image staring back at him. This was exactly how his life was without his Winter. A broken and shattered soul he would be without her.

Simon had snatched her right under his nose and he wasn't aware. He was beyond pissed.

One tiny mistake on his part and it led to this. He shouldn't have turned his back. No. Not even for second.

He let his guard down and this happened.

He pulled his hair groaning and screaming.

"Aaahhh..."

"Theodore?"
"What's going on? Where's Winter? We need to get out...we don't have much time...we...."

"He got her."

"What? What are you saying?"

"Abbadon got her damnit!!!" Theodore was screaming.

Jeremiah had come to get them but when he heard someone screaming, he rushed in to check.
Never would he have imagined to see a screaming Theodore in pain.

He was at a loss for words. He was just around but was distracted because of a performance that was going on. It attracted his attention that he became engrossed on the performance for a while.

When it ended, he had gone to find them.

But upon reaching the washroom where they had left for, he was met with this sight.

He didn't know what to say to the broken man in front of him.

Theodore was down on his knees feeling weak. The room seemed to be spinning as he pulled at his hair in frustration. Somebody had just stolen the most precious thing from him.

Jeremiah gulped while he stood silent and flustered not knowing what to do.

Before long, his phone buzzed with a message that said that Monster and the others were waiting at the other end.

Jeremiah decided to call back.
"Hello?"

"Thank God Jeremiah.......why weren't you all picking our calls? Did something happen?"

"Marcus....Simon got to us. He has her."

"What? How? I thought our plan was full proofed. What went wrong?"

Jeremiah cleared his throat before replied "You see, we just stopped for a few minutes so that"

"What? Are you f****** serious? Why the f*** did you all stop? That was not part of the plan. We had rest stops assigned. Why the heck would you idiots stop?"

"Well...."

"F***!"
"How's Theodore holding up?"

"Not good."
"I'm bringing him there. We'll talk later."

"Theodore, you need to get up. We have to leave."

"No....leave me alone."

"Are you not going to chase after her?"

Theodore smirked.
"There's no point going after them, we won't be able to fight back. We have less men here with us. I'm sure he has more reinforcements coming in right now too."

"So you're willing to give up on her just like this?"

Theodore remained silent.

"Get up. Lets go back first."
Jeremiah picked Theodore up from the floor and got him out.

***

"What'd he say?"

Marcus only nodded his head disappointedly.

Lily sighed knowing that something must have went wrong.

"How'd he get to them so fast?" Marcus questioned sitting down on the chair.

"His shadow." Monster replied seeping his final drink in one go.

He turned to face a puzzled Lily.

"Shadow who?"

"Simon's shadow, Ian. He keeps him hidden in the dark. Gets all the dirty works done for him without a flaw."
"I feared this would happen."

"Wait, hold up...I'm confused. This Ian guy.....he could have tracked us down long time back.Why did he not come after us then? And why now?" Lily questioned.

"Ian was on a hiatus, Lily...or so they say."
"But rumour had it that the Royals sent him on a special mission codenamed 'The Eye'. He was said to have been killed when he went MIA for more than two years since nobody heard anything back from him. Guess he's still in our midst if he's back." Marcus replied.

"What are we going to do now?" Lily asked.

"Let's call it a day."
"Theodore will not be in his right mind, so we'll talk tomorrow."
Monster stood from his seat retiring to his room before turning back again to say something, "oh and Marcus? Please try and see to it that Jeremiah does not pass any stupid comments near Theodore or it'll be the end of him."

Marcus groaned. It was another headache cleaning up Jeremiah's mess.

Lily patted Marcus'shoulder and silently left the room too.