18.

It was a big risk Theodore was taking. The chase had begun and they were racing with time.

They had to stop at many intersections and change vehicles with their men who were already waiting as planned to divert their enemy's attention so they could buy some time.
Winter was puzzled why they had to make a stop every now and then.

They would have left the city by now if not for the little princess with them. Theodore couldn't possibly scare her with Jeremiah's fast and furious driving skill or they would have reached their destination before time.

Should Winter doubt that they were being chased, they had to remain a cool and calm facade like everything was normal.

It was a beautiful day. The breeze that managed to come in from the front window touched her skin so subtly and so soothing it was to feel the cool air that it left her a pleasant and lingering feeling. Waking up to this, she sat up from Theo's cuddle and rubbed her eyes gently.
"Theo, can we stop for a minute? I need to go the loo."

"Alright...." said Theo rubbing her cheeks softly with the back of his hand.
"Jeremiah....."

"I'll stop at the corner there. We won't find parking here."

They pulled over and got down. The other cars were on standby while Theo took Jeremiah and two of his henchmen inside the mall with Winter.

Jeremiah groaned looking at the crowded space. It had to have a special event right now.

Theo held Winter's hands tightly as he guided her through the masses and headed for the restroom.

***

"How could you lose them again, you idiots?"
Simon slammed his fist on the wall frustrated at Theo's sneaky game. He wanted to kill that bastard so badly and give him an unimaginable death.

"If you don't lead me to them today you all can consider this day as your last..." Simon cut the call furiously.

"Ian...."

"You need to keep your shit together Simon. Losing your cool won't help you anyhow."

"F***....." shouted Simon.

"Simon....? I think you should take a look here..."

Simon strode over to Ian and saw the points he had coordinated on the locations.
"Is this....?"

"Yes...."

"Get the car going..."

"Onto it..."

They hopped into the car and sped away. Simon's heart was thumping so loudly now. He was nervous at the thought of meeting her finally.
"I'm coming Winter....just wait for me a little more..." Simon said in a whispered voice.

Ian was driving him to their location. They had found out the pattern Theo had laid. He was taking her to his lair and if he didn't stop them now it would be hard for him to get her back.

"Step on it Ian."

"Aye aye....captain!" Ian grinned and sped the car.

***

Theodore was on the phone with Monster. He had just turned his back for a very few second but missed Winter coming out of the restroom.

"Everything is clear here."

"Theodore do not take this lightly. I have a bad feeling that something is going to go wrong."

"You underestimate me too much Monster........"

Whilst he continued having his conversation, he turned to face the door but seeing that she was still not out he waited. Little did Theodore know that his Winter had finished doing her needs and came out already.

She had missed him when he turned his back. Winter came out and walked off to the right direction retracing their steps before.

As she went on and reached the end of the aisle she couldn't see Theo. All she saw was a huge crowded population bustling around.

She was worried if she couldn't find Theo. It was such a big mall and she didn't know where to start looking for him.

Winter decided to meet Theo at the front and so she trudged her way through the crowd.

"Excuse me..."
"Excuse me....puff!"
Winter was trying her best not to be pushed around by the people and make it safely to her way.

Winter finally made through the most crowded part when she as a familiar body. It couldn't be....she thought.

She ran to this person and called out,
"Ian!"

The person stopped and turned abruptly. He was surprised that he found her this quickly or rather she found him.

"Princess....." Ian chuckled and opened his arms wide.

Winter ran to his arms and started to sob.

"I was praying it was you...." Winter cried now feeling overwhelmed at meeting Ian again.

"Wait a minute princess.....I think we should call someone already. He's dying to meet you!"

"Yo.....I found her. She's h..."

BEEP!

"Damn it...always hanging up on me." Ian cursed under his breath.

Suddenly, Ian was pushed to the side and a strong pair of hands reached out to engulf Winter in a hug.

"Winter!"