Untitled Part 30

"Good morning, my little fireball." Brian smirked at me the next morning.

The man stayed true to his word of being here when I woke up. He was sitting up in bed reading the newspaper.

"You look like an old man." I said, watching him smile wide.

"Yeah? Like am I a decent looking old man then?" He smirked.

"Shut up." I grinned.

"That was a Yes." He smiled happily.

"Brian, about yesterday." I started.

"Just let me say this first." Brian looked at me.

He set the newspaper down and turned to me. I sat up in the bed, feeling somewhat anxious.

"Zack called Matt yesterday when he couldn't get you to eat or sleep. Matt called me, because he knew if he came over it would make everything worse. He didn't want you more upset. You needed time. No one is blaming you for that. The only thing you are to blame for, is not taking your meds. You realize you could of had a seizure stopping it so suddenly?" He asked me.

I could only shake my head at him. I never read the side effects or anything. I'm a dumbass. I really am.

"I didn't figure you did. Take this." He said, handing me my meds and some water.

I obeyed and took it. The thoughts of how I felt the last week almost made me shiver. I never want to feel like that ever again.

"Matt wants to talk to you. I told him I would do my best to see if I could make that happen." Brian sighed.

"You don't need to put yourself in the middle of our bullshit. I'm sorry any of you got dragged into it." I told him.

"We weren't dragged into it. We wanted to help. We still do. There is nothing to apologize for, Tay." He grinned at me.

"I don't know if I am ready to see or talk to Matt. Actually, I'm not ready. I don't know when I will be either. I'm sorry." I told him with a sigh.

"It's your decision. I don't really blame you. None of us do. Matt reacted. He didn't think first. That's what He does. Tatum, there isn't a doubt in my mind that it was Gage that night. You're not scared of a Goddamn thing. When I saw you shaking and wouldn't let anyone near you, that confirmed it for me. I don't ever want to see you scared like that again." Brian said quietly.

"That's the bad part. I'm terrified of leaving this basement." I said through tears.

"You don't need to be. All of us talked about it already. One of us is going to be with you wherever you go until you feel like you don't need us to be." He said, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"Thanks." I whispered.

"Yeah, yeah. Call me a dick or something. I can't take you being so fucking nice. It's disturbing to me." He grinned.

I let out a laugh for the first time in days. Brian smiled wider at me. He patted my hands and stood up.

"Get a shower. You look like shit. Then me, you and Michelle are going to get some food." He told me.

"Oh god! She has to think I'm an asshole!" I shrieked.

"She already knew that." He grinned. "She stayed upstairs last night. She came down to check on you a few times."

"This is so fucked up." I grinned.

"Nah." He grinned.

I got a shower, and actually left the house with Michelle and Brian. We had breakfast, and I did eat more than I had in a week.