Untitled Part 37

"Jesus christ girl! Stop fucking cleaning!" I yelled at Tatum.

Tatum has spent her time scrubbing my house from top to bottom for the last two months. There isn't even a speck of fucking dust in this place. I caught her scrubbing the bathroom floor with an electric toothbrush. I was relieved to learn that it wasn't my toothbrush. It was Matt's. I laughed hard when I found that out. I remember him spending a lot of money on that electric toothbrush too.

I enjoy having Tatum here. We have had each other to lean on these past few months. She has had a few break downs of crying, or telling me she's going to kick my ass, but, it's nothing out of the ordinary with her.

I smiled when she looked up from the bathroom floor She had been scrubbing. Her hair was piled high on top of her head. She was wearing cut off shorts and a black tank top. She looks cute though. Then again, she always does.

"What?" She asked me annoyed.

"Stop cleaning. The house isn't dirty. It's not possible at this point. You've cleaned everything at least twice." I sighed.

"I'm sorry, Brian." She sighed, leaning her back against the tub.

"Matt call again? Is that what brought on the latest cleaning frenzy?" I asked.

"No. I saw Val. And Michelle. Seeing Val didn't bother me so much. I'm sure that sounds weird." She said.

Well, this is interesting. Why would seeing Michelle upset her so much?

"What is it?" I asked, sitting on the floor beside her.

"She hates me. I don't even know what I did wrong. I thought we were friends." She muttered.

I know exactly why Michelle is acting the way she is. This is the part of my story I haven't shared with Tatum yet. It's not the right time. The bad part is, none of it is Tatum's fault. It's mine, and I know this.

"That was the Michelle I was talking about." I said quietly.

"She treated me like she did the day she showed up here and I first met her. It hurts. I didn't do anything to her. Did I?" She asked me.

"No. You didn't. It's me she has the issue with. I'm sorry, Tay. I really am." I told her.

"Not your fault." She shrugged.

Oh, but it is. It really, honestly is my fault. And I want to tell Tatum this. I'm scared to. I'm scared to tell her the rest of the reason of why Michelle and I broke up. I'm scared she's gonna hate me. But, I am also working hard on building her trust in me. I don't want to lie to her. I almost feel like I am by keeping it from her.

"You sure you wanna go to Zack's tonight?" I asked worried.

Zack is having a ton of people over for Gena's birthday tonight. I know that means we will be seeing Matt, Val and Michelle. I've hardly said a word to Matt since I made him leave that day we got back from Hawaii.

"It's Gena's birthday. Her and Zack have done a lot for me. I'd feel terrible if I didn't at least show up." She sighed.

"Promise you won't leave my side? I can't deal with Matt and Michelle." I grinned.

"Like I can? I'm more worried about you taking off and having social hour, leaving me alone." She grinned.

"Nope. Not happening." I chuckled.

"You leave me alone and those three sharks hone in on me, I feel for you. And your pretty BMW." She glared.

"Hey! I love that car woman!" I smiled.