Chapter 1| the day it all started

✰ ✰ ✰
STARLIGHT ||
love letters and confusion

❝ Oh how, he wished this was forever. But nothing ever lasted forever. Instead it seemed he was now just one step closer to being two steps farther from her. ❞

Aera has had just about enough. Enough of being the outsider, and enough of being unhappy.

So she decides to herself change, to be someone others will acknowledge. And all her best friend, Luce can do is watch as the girl he has loved his whole life tries to become something she is not.

All just so that one day she can leave him, and go be popular. And so he starts sending her secret letters, to tell her that she's beautiful.

That she's perfect this way, and that she doesn't need to change. Because Aera just won't listen to him.

But unfortunately for him, Aera is dead set on finding the author of these letters. And all he can seem to do is lead her the wrong way.

Love really sucks.

Chapter 1- the day it all started

The moon gleamed, a soft milky glow as it washed over them. It was especially bright today, the moon being almost full. Luce sleepily rubbed his eyes, and looked to the girl next to him.

She was staring up at the sky, one hand behind her head, and one clinging on to his shirt unconsciously. The moon was flickering in between the clouds, wavering in and out. Currently it was out and the milky glow of the moon made her pretty skin shine extra bright today. She was enchanting.

Luce was too tired to be enchanted, curling up closer to her he yawned. The girl next to him looked down at Luce and smiled sheepishly. Luce rested his head on her shoulder and once again yawned.

"I wish-" Aera cut herself off and frowned, eyes turning to the sky again. The sky's stars that were reflected in her eyes, made her look even more pretty. Luce blinked up at her, his vision blurry.

"What do you wish?" He mumbled, burying his head back into Aera's shoulder. Why on earth was she so soft? It made no sense. They did everything together, and he was built all hard muscle and long legs.

Not that Luce was complaining. It just made Aera's shoulder a better pillow. Aera sighed and a heavy set frown fitted itself into her pretty face, Luce reached up and ruffled her hair. "C'mon, what do you wish?"

"I wish I was anywhere but here" Aera whispered and something in Luce broke a little. He tried not to show his stupid pain, as he moved a little farther away from her.

"W-why" he whispered back, Aera seemed to then notice how he was slowly but hesitantly and steadily inching away from her and tugged him back towards her. "Stay" she mumbled a careless lit to her pretty voice. The moon peeked out from behind the clouds, and it shone straight down at him.

In the soft casted light he felt uncomfortable, as if he could hide nothing anymore. If she turned a few mere inches, maybe she could see everything he tried so hard to make disappear into the night. Luce sighed, and snuggled himself back into her shoulder. If he could cling to a moment with her and wrap it around forever, he would. And maybe in another lifetime he would do exactly so.

"Thought you wanted to be anywhere but here" he mumbled trying to hide the hurt in his tone, he successfully failed. Aera groaned again, and flipped onto her side, so she was now face to face with Luce.