Chapter 6 | forgive me

❝You knew it would hurt me, but you said it anyways. Why?❞

Chapter 6 | forgive me

"Where are we going" Aera whined, her hand wrapped tightly around Luce's. She'd tried to take her hand away from Luce at first, but had struggled. It was clear he was determined.

By now she'd just given up and let Luce clutch her hand tightly. Luce turned to look at her, the sun shining across his milky skin. He looked ethereal, Aera sighed.

"You know where" Luce mumbled and continued dragging Aera along. Aera rolled her eyes, and Luce abruptly stopped.

Aera collided right into him, her face mere inches from Luce's. Luce gulped, his eyes examining Aera. She was so close to him, eyes wide and lips rosy pink.

He backed up quickly and kept walking, Aera whined from behind him "Stop being sentimental Luce." Aera knew exactly where they were going, it was near the park.

There was a little pond not far away, where the sun would shimmer in the water and Aera would talk to Luce. Luce didn't seem to hear Aera's words as they exited the school, and he continued dragging Aera to the pond.

"This is stupid Luc-"Aera halted as Luce whirled around and glared at her. "Too bad we're here." He mumbled.

Aera's eyes scanned the premise, it looked the same. It'd been a while since she last came here and the palace was as just pretty as before. The grass was a vivid green, little drops of water collecting on some parts of it.

The pond was a little deeper than before, a frog was croaking somewhere. And Luce was looking at her expectantly "Sit" he mumbled to Aera, placing himself next to the pond.

Aera groaned "Where? I don't wanna sit on the ground." She really didn't feel like getting her pants dirty, plus the grass was wet in some parts.

Luce chuckled "Sit on my lap then" he muttered a teasing note to his tone. Aera rolled her eyes, her cheeks flushing red without her consent.

"Don't be a tease" Aera mumbled, and Luce laughed. His crooked smile coming back, flashing him a involuntary smile Aera sat on the grass next to him.

Luce reached and took her hands, and Aera recalled why she was mad in the first place. Glaring at Luce she pulled her hand away, "Get to the point Luce."

Luce sighed, and twisted his hands together. "Right, uhm I-I just wanted to say that I-I'm sorry." He mumbled, and nervously looked up at Aera.

Aera rolled her eyes "That was a lame apology Luce. I don't understand you Luce, all I do is be nice to you. But for some reason you're mean to me for no reason. You knew it would hurt me, but you said it anyways. Why?"

Luce sighed and leaned his body towards Aera as he replied "I-I just didn't want you to get a makeover Aera."

Aera sucked in a deep breath and tried to be calm, leaning forward she took Luce's hands in hers. "W-Why."

Luce hesitated, unsure. "I-I don't want you to leave me. What— And I know that's selfish of me, but Aera you're all I have."

Aera laughed, she fucking laughed. Grabbing Luce she pulled him towards herself. Wrapping her arms around Luce she giggled into his neck. "You're a idiot Luce. I would never leave you."

Luce sighed, and gripped onto Aera's sides tightly. "Promise?" Aera giggled softly, and nodded. "As long as you don't leave me, I promise."

Luce smiled sweetly "I would never leave you Aera." he mumbled, and Aera smiled. "Y-You really could have been nicer about the whole thing though Luce."

Luce groaned and buried his face into his arms "I didn't mean it." He whispered, and Aera gently nodded. She couldn't tell if he was being sincere, or if he just wanted to her to forgive him.

Maybe Luce was being honest, but she already knew there was some part of her that would always believe those words. "You're fucking gorgeous Aera." Luce said, and Aera flushed a pretty pink.

That helped. She jokingly punched Luce on his shoulder, a sweet smile on her face. "Careful Luce, I might just think you like me." She teased and Luce froze.

"I don't like you" he mumbled, and Aera rolled her eyes. Oh god, how was she seeing right through him. "Relax Luce, I'm only messing" she teased.

And Luce swiftly nodded, not trusting himself enough to say another word. "Anyways I'm still getting the makeover." Aera suddenly said.

Ana Luce's eyes widened "W-What why?" he mumbled, and Aera carefully eyed him. Something sparking in her expression.

"I-I want one, go with it Luce. P-Please." she mumbled, and Luce sighed. He didn't want to start another argument, right when they'd made up too.

It wasn't that he didn't want Aera to not get a makeover, if she felt like she needed a change. He was all for it, but it was for all the wrong reasons. She wanted to change so others would think she was beautiful.

Luce already thought she was beautiful, with her wispy black hair. And her adorable face, she didn't need to change. He knew she didn't even want the change, she just wanted others to like her.

He bit his lip and swiftly nodded "Go for it Aera." he mumbled. And Aera smiled, a pretty smile. Luce turned his face towards the ground, it seemed his letter hadn't done the trick.

"I'm actually getting my hair done today" Aera said hesitantly and smiled up at him. Luce sallowed. "Nice." Oh god, that was such a lame response.

Aera chuckled and pushed herself off the ground and smiled down at him. "Come on Luce. Let's go back to school."

Luce swiftly nodded, and walked alongside her, back to school. His thoughts running all over the place, he'd managed to make up with her. But he'd failed in the other part of the other plan, he frowned.

If you fail once, best to try again? No? That's what his mother said anyways. He could try writing another letter, maybe this one would actually convince her.

Yeah why not? He didn't have anything to lose after all.

~~~
Gosh, half the chapter didn't save for some reason. And I had to rewrite the whole thing.

I'm pretty sure the first version was better too :/

Well, have a good day everyone! Thank you for reading <3