Chapter 25 | guilt

❝He looked around and only saw chaos.❞

Chapter 25 | guilt

There's something nagging at him, it intently prods at him and urges him to do something about it. And he lets it, he just lets it be. He ignores it and goes about with his day, but he can only ignore something for so long.

Will Wilson has never been the type to let something bother him, if he sees a problem he goes and fixes it. If he feels bad, he goes any apologizes. He's a good person, he's a laidback person, there's a damn good reason to why people love him. And as they should because he is a good person, at least he tries to be.

So why is such a utterly terrible person now?

Why is he such a bad person that even Ana out does him in kindness? For him, his basis was being nice, he tried not to judge and he tried to befriend everyone. But now? Now who was he? Because at this point he didn't even recognize himself.

How could he claim to be a good person yet steal Luce's words as his own? What type of person blackmailed someone? The worst type of person. And he just couldn't take being that person anymore, he wasn't that person. He was a good person, and a much better person that Ana could ever hope to become.

He looked around and only saw chaos, chaos that he'd put into place because somewhere along the way. He'd became a bad person. And Will Wilson hated being a bad person. He hated the prodding at the back of his head, making him feel increasingly more and more guilty. He despised that.

He watched as Luce smiled at the boy next to him, a bright unrelenting grin. And then as soon as the boy turned around to say something to one of his friends, Luce's smile disappeared. It just vanished instantly, and he looked utterly crushed. Will had done that, he'd crushed a guy who had a foolish crush on a girl that he liked.

He liked Aera, that much at least was true.

So how could he just let her suffer? How could he pretend to be someone he wasn't for her? How could he lie to his own girlfriend? He was no better than Ana if he did that. Pushing back a lock of his dark blond hair, he searched around for Aera. She was walking out of the bathroom, an fire blazing in her eyes.

Ana was behind her, her golden eyes bright and shining as she followed Aera. Will quickly looked away from her. "I'm going" he called out to his group of friends, and they all looked up in unison and nodded at him. He smiled back, a new feeling, stirring in his chest.

He was going to fix this even if it caused him pain.

Because that is what a good person would do, and that is what he would do if he truly liked Aera. That is what he had to do, he'd tell her that Luce wrote the letters. He'd confess everything, and if there was still a chance she wanted to be with him, he'd cling to it.

But Will knew there was no chance for that, but he would do it either ways. Aera had to like Luce, how could she not like that guy? Will sighed, he hated breakups. But his relationship was built on lies, and a relationship like that is nothing more than a house of cards, ready to crumble.

He'd make this right.

He swiftly walked over to Aera, and she bumped into his chest a dazed look on her face. Looking up at him, her face appeared a bit confused. She really was quite dainty. "I need to talk to you?" he asked.

And she blinked up at her clear brown eyes widening even more in confusion. "Can we talk later?" she questioned instead, and Will frowned. It was best to just tell her and be done with it, knowing himself he'd chicken out sooner or later.

"No" Aera frowned impatiently "It's about Luce" he said instead, and at least that seemed to spark her attention. She nodded at him, and he grabbed onto her hands, and flashing him a soft smile, she strung her fingers through his hand.

He gulped, probably the last time he'd ever get that from her. He pulled her along to a bench, and Aera smiled softly at him. Her small eyes, wrinkling a bit at the corners. Will would miss her. She was resilient, that was for sure. He recalled how Ana had told her she was ugly with her glasses, she'd handled that amazingly.

He recalled how his stupid friend Matt, had made fun of her almond eyes. She was half Asian, chinese to be precise, and stupid Matt just had to go be and racist for no reason. Aera had handled that perfectly fine too. She sparked something in him, maybe it was the capability to be a better person.

He had to tell her, it was what she would have done. She never would have lied, or stolen Luce's words. And if any part of Will deserved her, he would tell her. Even if he lost her. Will sighed, what was he going to do without her?

Her and all that fire of hers.

"Wanna sit?" he asked, and smiling softly at him, she sat down next to him. She turned to him a expectant look on her face, he could tell from her expression that she trusted him. He was about to rip that trust right down the middle.

How to start if off? He could be blunt or he could be careful about it. But then again he was never the shy type, why should he shy around this? But then again he wasn't trying to fuck everything up? He reached up and rubbed his eyes, this was giving him a headache.

Blunt was best he decided.

"I didn't write those letters" he blurted out, that definitely had her attention. Her pretty brown eyes widened in alarm, and she stared at Will in mere shock. "I-It wasn't me I just pretended it was."

Aera didn't say anything for a few moments, she didn't utter any words, she just watched Will with a expression that he had never seen before. It was unnerving. And he hated it. He waited for her to speak, and it took her quite a while for her to form her next words.

"Then who?" she asked, her tone was uncanny. It was cold and hard, and Will knew in that moment he'd lost her forever. Refusing to let himself crumble in front of her, he looked away. Ana was staring at them, a smile twitching on her lips. Will glared at her, she winked at him.

He looked away.

"It was Luce."

~~~~
Luce do be getting exposed doe.