Chapter 40 | epilogue

❝Don't destroy the thing that I hold the most dear. That is all I ask of you.❞

Chapter 40 | epilogue

[5 months later]

The sky was in a sense crying, the wet droplets smattering across the sidewalk, rain dripping down umbrellas, making a frame of sorts around most people. Expect him, per say he didn't even have an umbrella. He was stammering from the cold, the water dripping down his nose and tangling into his lips, a salty taste to it.

He received odd looks, a young, somewhat, around seventeen or eighteen year old boy standing under the rain. Letting the rain tangle in with his hair and body, not moving to get under shelter. Instead, he stared up at the sky, fascination filling his face as he smiled in wonder at the droplets wandering down, the rain wasn't an unfamiliar sight.

Just a sight he loved beyond many other things, the mood it set was his favorite. Many would argue the rain set a dreary and somber mood, one that would ruin a day. He quite obviously disagreed, the rain set a sweet mood, nostalgic maybe he wasn't quite sure, but he did know that he loved the rain.

There was all there was to it, taking one last wistful look to the cloudy sky, rain soaking him, he made his way to school. Letting his eyes wander to the skies ever so often, he made his way inside the school gates, pushing his black hair away from his eyes, he smiled softly, eyes fluttering, cheeks a rosy red from the cold, nose bright pink he made his way inside.

He moved with an almost elegant grace, blending in well with the shadows, and getting past a crowd and barely brushing against others. It's the last day of school, the last day he'll ever wonder these halls with a stack of book in his hands. From now on he has a different course set out for him.

"Luce!" someone calls out and he turns to look at them, she's very pretty. Her eyes are glowing like the starlight, her black hair hangs down her back in soft waves, her eyes crinkle in the corner as she waves at Luce. And her glasses slip down her nose a bit, he smiles.

"Hey" he mumbles walking over to her, and smiling faintly she wraps her arm around his hand and presses a light kiss to his cheek. She smiles faintly as she looks around, leaning her head onto Luce's shoulder she sighs. "It's really all over huh."

He looks at the school, some kids are milling about talking in groups, he spies some familiar faces and faintly smiles at them. He nods softly, "Yeah it's over." Aera sighs again next to him, her eye darts to a boy. He's alone, standing there. He's not alone, he's surrounded by a million people.

But he looks so alone. Her heart aches as she no longer see a familiar golden face by his side. She turns to Luce, "Can I go talk to Will?" she asks. He raises his eyebrow, and nods. "Not sure why you're asking me, I don't control you. But go ahead." she flushes and nodding turns away.

Suddenly he grasps her hand, and she turns to him a concerned expression on her face. He frowns, an expression that Aera isn't particularly fond of on his face. He looks sad. "Tell him t-that he has my uh condolences for Ana's d-death." Aera quickly nods and turns away.

She understands that Luce and Will never got along, but Luce has never been unkind. She's glad that he could at least muster up this, she knew Ana's death had hurt him. They weren't very close, but they had talked a few times. Aera was a bit fond of Ana at the end, she was more than she made herself out to be.

Swallowing she walks up to Will, he's pale, his skin usually with a light tan is very pale. He looks like he's hollowing out, the light in his eyes is distant. And he looks as if he might collapse in on himself, it's a pained struggle to see the boy she once knew.