Chapter 12 | believe me

❝She could recognize herself once again.❞

Chapter 12 | believe me

my starlight,
why do you look so sad today? i cannot quite figure it out, you have a smile on your face. but if i look into your eyes, their is something there. i'm not the best at reading emotions, i honestly just suck at it.

but in those starlight eyes of yours, aera you do not look happy. is it those new contacts? you do look pretty with them, but gosh starlight you always look pretty. you have a choice love. don't just be their puppet.

don't get mad, maybe i'm overreacting, but why must you become exactly what they want you to be? i love you, you know this. you starlight when you want to, you burn like a fire. but you burn like a fire that is much too easily extinguished.

wear your glasses starlight, i'm not forcing you too. and i'm not begging you too. but i'm simply telling you that if you do not want to wear those contacts, just don't. do what you want.

if you want to wear those contacts, and the only reason you're wearing them is for yourself. not because some else told you too, not because you think you look ugly with them. just because you want to, then go right on ahead. oh, just for the record i think you're beautiful with and without your glasses.

but if you're wearing them for a reason, other than yourself. don't wear them starlight. it's as simple as that. you can do it my love.

i love you.

Aera's face crumbled, and she fell onto her bed. Clutching the letter tightly to her chest. Her fingers clenched. Why? Why? Why? Why could the author of this stupid letter see straight through her stupid mind?

Standing up abruptly she headed to the mirror again, she knew she didn't want to wear them. But then again she'd gotten so many compliments today. What was she to do?

Grabbing her phone she rung Luce, he as usual picked up on the first ring. There was static through the air, and noise in the background. "Where are you?" Aera asked softly, and she heard Luce yawn.

"I'm taking a walk in the park. What's up?" he mumbled, and Aera groaned and flopped back onto her bed. "I got a letter again." she mumbled.

Luce didn't make any noise for a terribly long silence and then he finally said "And?" Aera fumbled for her words, "Uh- It said. Never mind actually."

"What is it Aera" Luce asked from the other side of the phone, he sounded exasperated. Aera didn't like it when he sounded like that, she frowned. "I was just going to ask you if I should wear glasses again or not?"

Luce didn't respond again for a while, and Aera wondered why there were such awkward silences between them these days. "Do what you want." he finally mumbled.

Aera sighed, that wasn't the exact helpful answer she'd wanted. He was just saying what that letter had said. "Thanks" she mumbled anyways.

She waited and for a moment it seemed that Luce was just going to hang up on her, but then he instead said "I think you look pretty with or without glasses." Then he hung up.

Aera giggled softly to herself, it was nice when Luce was sweet out of nowhere. She decided she liked it. Brushing a lock of hair behind her delicate ear, she turned to her mirror.

Her room was very lit up today, her curtains were thrown open and moonlight was steadily streaming in through them. It lit up her room in a milky way, soft and light and the same time. It eerily reminded her of Luce.

Running her hand through her hair she contemplated what she was to do. First she still had to find the author of those letters. Her mind drifted back to Will and the night before, why did it seem to her now that he didn't write them?

She shook her head, no need to be ridiculous. If it wasn't Will, she had no suspect. Her only other guy friend was Luce. She nervously chewed on her lip, could it somehow be Luce?

She sighed Luce was sweet when he wanted to be, but why would he ever write Aera those letters. Her mind flashed back to a night many many years ago, she'd asked him to write her letters. For then she was nothing more than a foolish child.

But now? Now she needed to at least be realistic. Luce would never write her those letters. In fact he would never see her anything more than a friend. She smiled bitterly, at least that she was sure of.

Grabbing her phone she pulled up Will's number, she didn't want to call him. They weren't close enough it would just be awkward. She decided to text him instead, clicking his contact, she started typing.

Aera: Hey Will!

Aera immediately regretted texting him, what was she even thinking? Texting him out of nowhere like that. Then to her surprise, her phone suddenly went ding. Grabbing it she looked at the text.

Will: Hey Aera! I was just about to head out. I was going to text you too, haha. Anyways I was going to ask if you would like to join me and my friends! We're going out?

Aera: Where are you going?

Will: Just to get some dinner for the night. You wanna join?

Aera's fingers froze on the screen and she hesitated. Her mind flashing back to the last place she'd gone with Will, the party. But then again she'd gone to school today and it had all been fine. Will was a nice guy, it was good to take chances sometimes. If bought a certain excitement into her life.

She wanted Luce by her side though, she at times didn't know what to do without him. What would she even have done it he wasn't at the party?

Aera: Sure! Also, can I bring Luce too?

Will: Yeah, why not.

Aera tapped onto Luce's number. She stared at his contact, nervous all of a sudden. What if Luce didn't want to go? Would she still want to go? Fingers a bit hesitant still, she typed out a text.

Aera: Luceeee?? Wanna go get some dinner with me and Will and his friends?

Luce: Do you need me there?

Aera: I'd appreciate it Luce.

Luce: Anything for you.

Aera: I'll see you there!

Aera smiled softly her eyes bright. Her eyes drifted to the mirror once again, and her eyes dimmed again. Standing up she reached the mirror and took the contacts out of her eyes. It was what she wanted.

Putting the glasses back onto her face, she looked in the mirror. She sighed happily, she could recognize herself once again.

She was happier this way.

~~~~
i am sooo tired today.