Chapter 7 | hurt

❝Even when we are nothing but a speck of dust in the galaxy. There will be me, and i will continue to love you.

Chapter 7 | hurt

my starlight,
your hands are tiny. it's quite cute. there's so many words i've never told you, these are the words i will never tell you. but at least i can write them down for you. i'm sorry that i need you, but with you i feel alive. you make me strong. i wish there was a better word than love for what i feel for you. but there isn't, so all i can say is i love you. i don't think you will ever fully comprehend how much it is that i love you, but it is alright. i love you.

i don't know at this point who i was before you, i'm a utter fool for you aera. i'm a fool for everything about you, your sweet personality. your wide smile, the gap in your teeth. your hair, gosh i love your hair. the black really compliments you my love. i think i will love you till the end of time. as long as the moon shines overhead, and the sun glares down at us. know that i love you, even when we are nothing but a speck of dust in the galaxy.

there will be me, and i will continue to love you. i may lack wisdom, knowledge and experience, i am young after all. but there is nothing more sure to me than you aera. under the stralight, the one's that remind me of your eyes, i long for you. but it is nothing more than a fool's longing, and i am nothing more than a mere fool. i think i will stop writing here, but aera always know i whole heartedly love everything about you.

you know i never felt true pain, as a child i was sheltered. as a young man i remain sheltered, i don't have a cause for pain in my life. but god, i never realized what it mean to truly hurt until i realized that i loved you. for i can never have you. forgive me, my words never come out as i wish for them too.

i do not know what else to say, have a good day my starlight.

p.s i'm sorry for sounding all old fashioned, and wonky but i figured if i write like this. you'll never know who i am.

Aera reached up and touched her lock of brown hair, she'd dyed it today and had liked it but now she didn't know what to think. Here she was getting a letter that said that her black hair complimented her.

She groaned, and snapped her locker shut. Pocketing the letter she smiled softly, it seemed that today they'd given up in making a heart and had just written it in a plain piece of paper.

Whoever this person was they had a way with words, and they sounded so foolishly sad. If they could just confess, Aera would work with them. "Hey Aera! What happened to the hair?" someone exclaimed, waving at her.

Aera paused, it was him again, Will Wilson. Why did he always appear right when Aera finished reading her letter? Maybe it was a sign.

"Hey Will!" Aera replied back sweetly her grin wide. Her eyes strained to see Will as he talked, he was quite tall. "Decided to go for a lighter shade" she went on.

At that the older flashed her a crooked smile. "Looks good Aera" he said sweetly and nodding his head at Aera, he made his way down the hallway and Aera stared after him. Could it be Will?

He was always right around the corner for some reason. And he had asked Aera about her hair, and the person who'd written this letter had complimented her hair too. Maybe Aera was just reading into something that wasn't even there.

Suddenly someone bumped into him, and Aera glanced up. It was Luce, who froze and peered up at her curiously. "A-Aera?" he mumbled, and Aera subconsciously reached up to her hair.

"What do you think?" she asked her best friend who was just looking at her wide eyed. "Luce?" she said, waiting for Luce to reply. He seemed to snap out of whatever trance he was in, and flashed Aera a soft smile.

"I-It looks good" He replied and Aera shyly smiled. "You think?" she questioned again, still unsure about her hair.

Luce quickly nodded and Aera smiled. "Luce look at this" she mumbled then, and handed Luce the letter she had gotten. Luce seemed to hesitate as he slowly took the letter from Aera's hand.

Then he just stared at it, as if waiting for something. Aera rolled her eyes "Read it Luce." Something flickered in his eyes, and Aera couldn't quite pin it down. He looked uncertain, but why would he be uncertain?

Aera was just asking him to read something, Luce didn't even know what it is. There was no need to be nervous. Odd. Gulping Luce started reading the letter, every word was familiar to him.

After all he'd written the whole thing. God, he sounded so desperate. Eyes skimming over his words, his face burned. "Nice letter Aera" he finally croaked out.

Aera rolled her eyes and grabbed it from him, "They said my black hair was nice." Luce just nodded, "It was nice" he mumbled.

Aera seemed to deflate at that, "But it's brown now" she whispered back and god, she sounded so sad. What had Luce done? He was a idiot, he'd always been a idiot.

"I like this too Aera. You look really p-pretty" he said back, and Aera looked at him surprise filling her eyes. She smiled softly, and Luce grinned. Maybe he wasn't that bad.

"So who do you think wrote it anyways?" Aera suddenly asked, and Luce choked. Oh god, what was he supposed to say now? He should have never written those letters.

"I dunno" he finally muttered and Aera sighed a frown fitting itself on her face. "I want to write something back." she suddenly said.

And once again Luce choked "You wanna what?" he questioned and Aera smiled. "I want to thank them, they're so sweet to me."

Luce hesitated, as much as he wanted a response from Aera, he wasn't sure it was right. What would Aera think if she ever figured out it was Luce? She would hate him, or worse she would never talk to him again. He could handle her hating him, but he couldn't handle losing her.

Maybe those two things were the same.

"I'm doing it" Aera said triumphantly, "I'll write and stick it back in my locker, I'll just make it so they can pull it out."

Luce gulped.

Oh lord.

~~~~
👀ooh Aera's gonna write something now, let's see how that goes!