Chapter 28 | time

❝Nothing is louder than the silence between two people who used to love each other.❞

Chapter 28 | time

Once upon a time when the moon shone down on them. Once in a midsummer night, a shy boy met his princess charming. It would be odd to say it was love at first sight, because that it most definitely was not. If fact, when they'd first met. It had been anything but for when she opened her mouth, the words that came out were anything but kind.

The boy, his name was Will, and he thought he understood her. He thought they were the same, from her wilting eyes, to her dimpled grin as bright as could be. The one that hid the something darker within. He had thought they were the same, he thought he saw himself in her. But the girl saw no such thing within him.

Instead she disregarded him, and quite spoke bluntly and rudely to him. He had thought they had the same lonely heart. But it seemed that was not the case either, he tried and tried to be her friend. But there are somethings in the world that are not worth trying. And there are some people who would never be kind.

After that he decided he would be better off ignoring her. But she was golden. Radiant and alluring, and it wasn't just Will who found her that way. It merely took her a few weeks to become as popular as he was, and don't get him wrong. He had nothing against other people being popular, but it was just her.

How could they like her?

Maybe he was biased, he knew the only reason he didn't like her was because she'd choose to disregard his attempts at friendship. And hell. Maybe he had a teensy little crush on her, and she'd chosen to disregard that too. It'd been too much for his young heart to take.

When he met her, he'd only been fifteen, and he blindly had thought his life rotated around her. From the instance he had seen her, he had thought she was his soulmate. There was just something so alluring about her, he was a helpless prey to her. But it was not the same with her, her heart had stopped wondering much too long ago.

Will could not deal with her, and he had instead tried to avoid her. But fate was not on his side, for she was everywhere, a group of friends following her, here and there. Everyone adored her, and Will knew exactly why it was so. He'd felt the same adoration once. He had still ignored her, and they'd blissfully gone on being ignorant to each other, if not for the charming midsummer night of years ago.

She was alone, her face buried in her hands as she sobbed. The girl, her name was Ana, and she wouldn't stop sobbing. Will despised when people cried, waste of tears and time. But he had never been heartless, and so he walked over to her.

She'd blinked up at him, her golden eyes red rimmed. As she clutched to herself, looking like a frightened animal. And Will had wondered how he had ever found her fearless. He didn't know what to say, they were at some fancy gala. Oddly enough, their parents were close enough.

Or maybe they hated each other. Will could never tell with his parents business partners. He didn't know what to do, as she stared at him. Her mascara was like kohl around her eyes, and her golden eyes if he had thought wilted before. Now they were destroyed, there was no semblance of light in them.

They were both young, and careless. If he turned around, he could go back to the lights, to the party and the blissfuly happy people. But here she was crying on the staircase, still looking like a frightened animal. A bit hesitant he handed her a cloth, it was in his tux and he figured it was suitable enough to dry her eyes.

She tenderly reached up and took it from his hands, and Will had known then that he was lost forever. Her golden eyes sparkled a bit brighter against her dark skin, and pushing her hair back she wiped her tears. And her makeup, Will had flinched as she ruined his perfectly good cloth.