Chapter 31 | apolgizes

❝Now do you love me?❞

Chapter 31 | apologizes

my starlight,
with you i have found a person who has a soul and heart too big for her. with you i have found someone who's heart escapes through their eyes and rolls down their cheeks. please don't cry aera. for you are the loveliest, and most beautiful person i have ever met. even that is a understatement.

i have always been a romantic at heart, but i have never once believed you could love someone deeply as i love you. it was from the moment i saw you, you looked at ruin and you saw beauty. you looked at me, and saw someone worth saving. and for that i will be forever grateful.

Aera's doe eyes turned towards him, and she smiled softly. Her eyes flitted back to the letter, "What are you referring to?" she asked, and Luce flushed. He hadn't expected to be questioned on his letters. He awkwardly scratched the back of his head, his smile faint in his lips.

"I don't know" he mumbled, teasingly, and Aera giggled softly. "I deserved that" she mumbled. They'd walked back to his house, and under the rosy glow of the sun, she shone. Like his own sun, his own star. She was stunning, in Luce's eyes, she had always been stunning.

"Te ves bonita todos los días" He mumbled, soflty, his words reflecting his thoughts. Aera turned up to look up at him, her eyes crinkled lightly as she smiled at Luce. "What'd you say?" she asked, and Luce shook his head. A faint blush overcoming his face. Aera sighed, knowing he wasn't going to tell her. A faint smile on her face, her eyes then they absentmindedly drifted back onto the letter.

you look around at the world, and when you do, their is always a spark of hope in your eyes. you remind me of a bird caught in a cage, when all you want to is soar. or a star that will never burn out. i love you my starlight. whenever i look at you, i write invisible love letters in my heart.

i wish i could whisper a thousand promises to you, but even that i cannot. i'm sorry. i don't think i'll send this.

Aera turned to him a question dancing in her eyes, she frowned. She didn't ask the question, and that was just one of the many reasons Luce loved her. She wasn't invasive. She tucked the letter into her pocket, "Should have sent this" she mumbled and Luce sighed. Maybe in another life he would have.

"You still got to read it" he said out loud , and Aera nodded absentminded still. Her focus was not on him, it was heavily dependent on the words he wrote. He handed her another one he had written, and she carefully peeled it open. Her eyes dancing over the sweet words.

my starlight,
sometimes i think we are nothing more than broken stars. but you are the star in my sky. you are the storm that runs through my life, with a strange type of ferocity. you are the wave that crashes against my shore, day after day. i know you're not perfect, but i don't want a perfect you.

i simply want you, you and all your chaos. because i adore you just the way you are. the stars envy you my love. the way you flush under the moonlight, the way you dance beside the moon. the way you shine in the rosy sun. i dare say that any one would envy you. i just stand there, and you scatter your stardust towards me.

you are my stolen moment, my happiness. i will only ever write these letters for the ocean, the stars and you. because for me you are all of them, in one. if i could drink the sunrise setting over the scarlet sky, it's fire would remind me of you. i don't think i ever fell in love with you, because your love is the very thing that lifts me. my heart beats—

Aera turned to him as the letter just cut off there a tattered edge, "What happened here?" she mused. Her eyes were wide and she seemed to be unable to understand what type of situation she was in. Luce wasn't doing too well either, this was new and unexpected territory. Luce awkwardly ran his hand through his thick black locks.