Chapter 24 | fraud

❝I didn't even want any of this.❞

Chapter 24 | fraud

The sky was dark today and one could be like the sky truly beautiful, as no one sees. The sky that shines the fair sun in the daytime, and brings joy and laughter. Or the milky moonlight at nighttime, the one that brought tranquility and peace. Or the sky could be the one that laughs cruelly as rain pours and the wind howls at someone's heart.

The sky today was much more the later than the first. Aera didn't know what to feel, all she felt was numb. How could Luce just leave her like that? She tired and tired but she couldn't muster that fickle emotion of anger within her. It wouldn't work, all she wanted to be was my Luce's side once again.

Instead she was by Will's, what was she even doing? Nothing, none of this was worth losing Luce. She searched the courtyard for him, hoping, as selfish as it was, that he was alone. She begged the god that never listened that Luce was alone, that he hadn't already made a friend, replaced her in this absence.

But alone he was not, instead he was intently listening as the lithe man next to him muttered something. He said something, and Luce laughed, that crooked grin of his grin coming out to play. Luce only ever laughed like that with her, she swallowed back the clump of jealousy that overcame her.

She wondered if he liked the guy, he did like both genders after all. She pushed back the thought, she had no right to assume anything about Luce's life. After all he was no longer her friend. He'd made that very clear yesterday.

"I need to use the bathroom" she mumbled to Will, and his eyes raked over her absent minded, careless. She pushed back the surge of annoyance she felt within her, "Alright, cool" Will replied, flashing her that dimpled grin of his. His green eyes twinkling under the bright glare of the sun.

He was still stunning, but nothing in Aera felt the same. Will never acted like the person from the letters, she'd pushed it back as shyness at first but now? Will was never shy, he always spoke his mind and he made friends way to easy to consider the possibility of him being sky. So then what was his problem?

What kept him from being the guy from the letter? Because this other person he was, Aera wasn't a particularly big fan of him. Sure, he was great, anyone could see that. But he was not the type of person Aera wanted to be with her, he was the type she would rather befriend.

But as Will leaned down and pressed his lips against her hesitantly, she resigned. It was a bit too late to be his friend now, she hummed against his lips and he pulled away. At least he was a good kisser. "I'm going" she called out, and turned away.

The issue of Will was just that, a issue. Aera didn't necessarily feel unhappy, but neither did she feel happy. She'd agreed to date Will because he'd written her those letters, but he was nothing like those letters. Pinching her lips together in frustration, she let her attention drift back onto to Luce as she walked towards the bathroom.

He was still laughing along to what the guy was saying, an unfamiliar pleasant look on his face. Aera turned away as her stomach churned, he looked happier without her. Why did he look happier without her? Her breath clogging up a bit, she unsteadily swung open the bathroom door.

She pushed open the bathroom door, and Ana was there. She was carefully patting on a layer of powder to her golden face, she turned towards Aera as she entered. Her pretty face held a sneer at first, and then it turned to a look of concern as she spots Aera. Aera wonders what she looks like at this moment.

"Are you quite alright?" Ana asks, a touch of unfamiliar concern on her face. Aera steadies herself against the door, and enters. "Why wouldn't I be?" she asks unsteadily, her voice unexpectedly cracking. That's quite odd, her voice was never the type to crack.