Chapter 8 | crushes & heartbreak

❝Because after all she was never his to begin with.

Chapter 8 | crushes & hearbreak

hi?
i'm not sure where to start? you know who i am but i don't know who you are at all. this is odd. i just wish for you to tell me your identity.

you love me, and i want someone that loves me. you see all i have is my friend luce, we could use someone new in our life. just please, i beg of you. tell me who you are, then we can work everything out.

you can even say those sweet words to my face, and you can stop being hurt. i promise i'm a nice person! haha, i'm sure you know this because you know me. so please, just tell me who you are. i would love to know you.

other than that thank you for writing such sweet words. it's odd knowing that someone loves me. knowing that someone loves me enough to write these messages. it's not a bad feeling though, i quite like it actually. but it would be even better if you would just tell me who you are.

we could be great friends, even more like you want. just please let me know who are, i promise i'll be kind. and thank you again for all the compliments, you always make my day, even my while week at times.

also i love the way you write, it's sweet. and please do let me know who you are.

sincerely,
aera clayor(your starlight)

Luce turned it over on his hands. Oh god, what had he done. Why did he even send those two letters in the first place? He knew it was a stupid idea, but he'd done it anyways.

He was such a idiot. How was he ever supposed to write a letter back now? Aera seemed as if she genuinely wanted to know the author of the letter. He traced the words, she'd said that she would give the author of the letter a chance.

He was the author of this letter. Would she give him a chance? Luce ran his hand through his hair, tousling its long black strands. She would never give him a chance. He knew this.

Aera had been friends with him for about fifteen years and for fifteen years all they had been was friends. They went hand in hand, she told him everything and he listened.

There was nothing he loved more in the world than the bond they'd built with each other. He was just simple old Luce. Aera would never love him, but she loved their friendship. Who was he to bring chaos to it? He was no one.

"Luce" Somone suddenly called, and he looked up to see Aera standing at his door. Talk of the devil. He breathed a sigh of relief, he'd covered the letter by his blanket coincidentally.

"Hey Aera" He mumbled awkwardly, and Aera flashed him a question look before she plopped right into his chair. She rested her hands onto her hands, and turned to look at him. Luce gluped.

"I think I know who the author of those letters are" Aera said, and Luce froze. The letter under his blanket, seemed to be burning now. He breathed in swiftly, she probably had a random guess.

"W-W-Who" Luce stuttered out, and Aera flashed him a odd look. He was panicking god, he was panicking. He wasn't very tan, so everything contrasted against his milky skin.

He looked like a tomato, his face was stupidly red. Running his hand through his hair, he tried to cool down a bit. It was alright he tried to convince himself, Aera didn't know it was him.

"Are you okay Luce?" Aera questioned, and Luce swiftly nodded. He was more calm now, the flush was slowly fading from his face.

He cleared his throat "So w-who?" he asked his voice raspy. Aera leaned forward as if she was telling a dirty secret, her voice dropping a pitch lower. Luce leaned closer to her, straining to hear her.

Aera had a slight murmur to her voice at times, it made people lean towards her. Made them more invested, it was charming.

"Will" she mumbled and Luce instantly leaned back. Will? His name wasn't Will. He breathed out a sigh of relief, and looked back up at Aera. She was looking at him, a question dancing in her eyes.

"Will Wilson?" He asked again, voice disbelieving. Aera quickly nodded, and Luce just stared at her confused. How on earth could she think it was Will?

Luce knew Will, he wasn't a bad kid, but he wasn't like Luce at all. He was loud, a bit noisy and overall not the type to write love letters.

Not to mention he was quite popular, he wasn't sure how Aera had managed to become his friend. She was sweet, unlike Luce which had probably helped.

"It could be him right?" Aera questioned her head cocked as she stared at Luce. Luce bit his lip, to deny could be to point to himself. But then to agree would be just a flat lie, Will was most definitely not the author of those letters.

Luce sighed, it was better to agree than to throw himself under the bus. He shrugged "I don't see why it couldn't be him" he mumbled, and Aera instantly brightened.

She smiled sweetly, and Luce sighed. "You think?" she asked again, and he nodded. She smiled again, he looked at her skeptically.

"You like Will or something" he asked, she turned to him a confused glint on her face. And shrugged, Luce resisted the urge to groan. It would be nice, if she just answered the question.

"He's cute don't you think?" said Aera, and Luce tensed. He knew he didn't have any chance with Aera, but damn those words still hurt. Ouch.

"He's alright" Luce mumbled, and Aera smiled sweetly. Will was okay looking, stark likes and dirty blond hair. Lots of girls liked him, he was a nice guy too. Luce stood no chance whatsoever.

"I guess I do like him" Aera mused, and something in Luce tore a bit. He pushed it back, he had to be realistic. He should just let Aera be happy.

Because after all she was never his to begin with.

~~~
Poor Luce, that's no fun!