Chapter 3 | all sad smiles

❝I wish she loved me, more than anything. That's all I've ever wanted.❞

Chapter 3 - all sad smiles

Luce got a lot of strange looks today, he understood it though. He did have a large hand shaped mark on his face, it was very noticeable against his pale skin. He trudged through the hallways of the school, and for the first time he felt uncomfortable.

Usually he could shrug everything off, but usually he had Aera by his side. Aera who would be telling him a ridiculous story, Aera who would giggle with that laugh of hers.

And Aera who would make Luce feel as if there was nothing in the world that mattered as long he had Aera. Expect Aera was now gone. She'd disappeared after slapping Luce.

Luce reached up to touch his cheek, and winced. That hurt. But god, he deserved it. He knew how insecure Aera was, as stupid as it was. Aera was so insecure.

And he'd taken that insecurity and rubbed it in her face. Luce sighed, Aera did overreact a bit, and Luce liked to think it was Aera who started it. But Aera hadn't really.

She'd just jokingly said that, and Luce had been a total ass about it. How was Aera supposed to know Luce was in love with her? Aera had every right to joke around with her friend.

What Luce didn't have the right to do was tell his friend that she was ugly. In a tone so serious Aera would've never believed he was joking or anything like that. And he hadn't been joking, that much was true.

He just wanted Aera to feel the stupid pain he was feeling, but like a fucking idiot Luce had crossed a very clear line.

And he hadn't even meant it after all, Aera was the most gorgeous person he had ever seen. Hell, Luce loved Aera. Why on earth had he even said that?

Groaning Luce left the school, a stream of people right behind him. At least this terrible day was over, maybe he could go find Aera and apologize. Yeah, that was good. He was going to go apologize.

Walking along the road he and Aera always walked down, Luce fished out his phone from his pocket. Gulping he hit Aera's number on his phone.

It rang, once, twice, thrice. Aera never picked up, Luce groaned. He hit Aera's number once again, praying, hoping, for anything.

"Screw off Luce" Aera mumbled from his phone, and before Luce could even hope to reply. Hope to repair this bridge between them, Aera hung up.

Godammit.

He trudged himself home, a frown set on his face. Maybe he could just talk to Aera tomorrow, hopefully she would have cooled off by then.

Still gloomy he swung open the front door, and entered his house. His mother was on the couch, her old lady glasses on as she read a book. "Ma, I'm home" Luce called out, and sagged to the floor. His voice crumbling.

His mother instantly looked up, worry flickering itself into her eyes. "Luce? Are you quite alright?" She asked, and setting down her book headed over to her son.

Luce looked up, exhausted and blearily smiled at his mother. "Peachy, Ma." He mumbled, and leaned against the door. His head hitting it with a soft bang.

"Luce what's wrong" His mother asked, and Luce crumbled. He fucking crumbled when he heard his mother call him that, she said it the same way Aera would say it. Soflty and sweetly.

"I-I got into a fight with Aera" He mumbled out, and his mother suddenly smiled. And let out a whoosh of breath.

"Oh? That's all? You had me worried for a second there Luce" His mother said, helping her son to his feet. Luce sighed, and grabbed his backpack.

"I wish she loved me, more than anything. That's all I've ever wanted Ma" he mumbled out and his mother frowned. She reached up and ruffled his hair.

"I don't see why you won't just tell her, I'm sure it would work out" His mother said back, and Luce didn't even have the strength or will to respond to that. There was a million reasons to not tell Aera anything.

Shaking his head at her, he grabbed his backpack and trudged up the stairs to his room. Then he stiffened as he eyed his room. God, Aera was in every aspect of his life.

On his walls hung pictures of them together, Aera grinning next to Luce in the photos. On his desk was a hoodie Aera had left from the last time she came over, Luce had forgotten to return it.

Next to his bed was a album Aera had made him when he couldn't sleep. Even the room smelled like Aera's sweet scent if you sniffed enough.

Deflating Luce stumbled over to his bed, and buried his face into his pillow. He knew they'd make up, they always did. But god, he hated fighting with Aera.

When he fought with Aera it was as if the sun was gray, and the whole world was cast in a deary mood. At least that's how it felt to Luce.

Rolling over, he played the stupid songs Aera had gotten him. Luce curled up into a ball, and thought of how he loved Aera. It was simpler back then, when they'd first met.

When Luce didn't see Aera as anything more than a friend. Sadly that had never lasted, it didn't take much for Luce Nova to fall in love with Aera Caylor.

He groaned, what was he going to do with Aera? He knew Aera wanted that makeover, but Luce wanted Aera to love herself just the way she was. He wanted Aera to see herself from Luce's eyes.

But after today, Aera wasn't going to listen to Luce. Sighing, Luce curled tighter into himself. He would fix this, somehow. And he would make sure Aera knew she was beautiful.

Luce just wasn't sure how he was going to do either. Listening to the sweet words of the song, Luce slowly feel asleep.

His dreams of a girl who couldn't see how perfect she was.

~~~~
ooh what's luce going to pull now? 👀

hahha, have a good day everyone!