CHAPTER SIX

Draco walked into his dormitory with his mind racing. They had been working on their Charms paper for the last two hours. Or at least, Ramona had been working. He was too busy trying to study her.

It was difficult for him to comprehend why this girl was so interesting. It was infuriating, really. Each time he'd decide that he was just wasting his time and was about to get up, she'd glance at him. The glance would keep him glued to his seat.

She is certainly nothing special, is she? Just like anyone else, Draco thought.

But he was angry. Now that he was away from her, it felt like she let him go. Like he was no longer spellbound.

Anger was not enough to describe what he felt. He huffed and puffed as he left his books by his bed.

Blaise eyed him from where he laid on the bed. Draco seemed lost in thought and  Blaise wasn't happy about it.

"What are you staring at?" Draco muttered, catching Blaise's eye. Blaise shook his head.

"Let's just say I don't think I'll see me wasting my time in Charms Class next year," Blaise said mockingly, sitting up in his bed.

"Piss off Zabini," Draco spat, changing into his pajamas.

"What are you doing, Malfoy?" Blaise asked. "Spending your time doing a Charms paper with the likes of her. She's muggle-born, mate."

Draco sighed. He didn't know the answer to that himself.

Blaise was trying his best to get Malfoy away from Ramona, though Malfoy couldn't suspect it. He couldn't get close to her. Not if what Blaise suspected of him was true.

Ramona had no business getting close to a Death Eater.

Even though Ramona was a pure-blooded witch, she had her stepfather's last name. It was best if the status of her blood purity remained unknown. After all, there was no Sacred Twenty-Nine anymore. It was the Sacred Twenty-Eight after her father and his heir died. Well, "died".

"You're letting her boss you around. Sad to see, mate," Blaise continued.

"Mind your own business. She's not bossing anyone around," Draco said. He was getting angry.

"You're sitting in the common room writing Charms homework with her. What did she do, hex you or something?"

Draco ignored him.

"Seriously mate, it was hard to watch. What's next, you are going to- "

"Mind your own bloody business Zabini," Draco spat once more. "Besides, you could just say you have dibs on her. It's pathetic really, how you try to hide that you're annoyed at me."

Blaise thought that his acting was better. The only thing he was counting on was that Malfoy couldn't spot the resemblance Ramona had to his mother. Otherwise, he'd know that Blaise was just trying to get him away from her. And that alone would be enough for Malfoy to be even more interested.

When he wasn't busy sulking, Blaise thought that Draco's only purpose in life was to reek havoc.

"Please," Blaise snorted. "The only thing that's pathetic is seeing you actually waste your time on her kind."

Draco laughed. He wanted to agree. What was he doing, anyway?

"I've got more important shit to worry about than a stupid girl, Blaise," Draco said, laying down on his bed. He had to clear his head. He was never one to lose his mind over girls, and he wasn't going to start now.

He didn't even remember her name. Who cares if she's gorgeous? He's known women more gorgeous than she is and they had never played with his mind. He couldn't afford to be distracted.