CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

~ warning: mature scene ~ violence ~

Blaise entered his dormitory loudly, fully expecting it  to be empty. No one was usually in their dormitory during the day and he needed a moment of solitude to compose his thoughts after the fight he had with Ramona. Even though it was hours ago, he still felt unsaid words bubbling in his throat. He very well knew he couldn't unleash them on her, but they needed a way out or he'd explode.

"Mind my fucking business," he mumbled to himself, "She is my fucking business."

He tossed his books onto his bed aggressively. Some of them bounced on the thick mattress before settling in their spot, and one bounced off and landed on the floor with a loud thud. Blaise wanted to punch something.

"It's none of your business, Blaise."

"It is my bloody business, Ramona, because you haven't eaten in two fucking days and I'm not about to tolerate that. Now shove this egg into your mouth before I do it myself."

Ramona begrudgingly obeyed his wishes, chewing on the eggs that began to get cold. It was the only way to get Blaise off her case and it was better than talking anyway.

"It's Malfoy isn't it?" he probed, not catching the deathly glare she sent him at the question.

"No." Her tone should have been enough to stop Blaise from prying, but he felt it very much his business when she was so cross. He wanted her to confide in him, knowing that she had to stop keeping so many things within herself, but Ramona had other plans.

"You're a bad liar. What did you talk about?"

"Nothing." The words came out like growls. Still, Blaise persisted.

"Ramona," he warned, not realizing that she was about to explode.

"I told him that I loved him, alright? I told him I fucking loved him. Not directly of course, it wasn't a grandiose display of affection, but it doesn't bloody matter. Because I do love him. No matter how I say it.  And he can't love me back and it fucking sucks." Ramona paused, picking at the food on her plate before throwing the fork away. Blaise felt himself go into shock.

"You told him that you loved him?"

"I did indeed, Blaise. And why, you may ask? Because I'm bloody stupid, that's why. Because I don't know how to keep my mouth shut and because he makes me lose absolutely all sense of rationality."

Ramona placed her head in her hands and let out a long, heavy sigh. The kind of sigh that made it seem as if elephants were stomping on her chest. Her next words were said quietly, lowly, but so desperately that Blaise didn't dare say anything back.

"He remembers more than he lets on. He fucking called me Zenith. It's only a matter of time before he remembers everything, and I'm really not looking forward to that conversation. So please, please, mind your bloody business, and let me chew through this myself."

Blaise felt his stomach twisting and turning ever since their conversation that morning. Ramona snapped at him without holding back, everything she was keeping inside springing onto the surface without her consent. Blaise took the blows, but he himself had many things he wanted to say. It took everything within him to hold back.

"You can stop being a stubborn arsehole and let me help for a change," Blaise whispered, arguing with her still, getting the words he didn't say out of his system.

With a deep sigh, Blaise picked the fallen book back up, tossing it back onto the bed- only to have it slide off the other side. Blaise closed his eyes in anger.