SUMMARY

Ramona Xanthos was born under a different name and bred to exemplify everything it stood for.

Raised within the sacred trinity of family, duty and honor, the firstborn daughter of the Dark Lord's closest confidant has very little choice in life but to grow in her father's shadow, bearing the burden of her family name, and succeed him upon the Dark Lord's return.

A disastrous fire three days after her sixth birthday destroys her childhood home, the flames turning both her father and his legacy to ash. Now, standing before her own grave, she is allowed her first choice ever- to pick a different name, fit for a different life.

Eleven years later, after the secret of her existence is compromised, she transfers to Hogwarts to attend her sixth year in hopes of hiding in plain sight.

Draco Malfoy is given a task he must not fail. As he attempts to fulfill it, he becomes distracted by the new student who feels too familiar to be a mere stranger. A girl erased from his memories; a girl he had once known and a girl who not once stopped regretting leaving him behind.

As his memories begin to resurface, so does the danger of the life she thought she left behind.

For one can rarely escape the things written in their skin.

WARNING: This book contains mature themes (deaths, torture, gore, mentions of rape, sex, trauma, abuse). This is a trigger warning. Each chapter marked with (R) contains an explicit scene and there is a warning at the beginning of each chapter that contains other mature themes. 

This is my original story based on the Harry Potter books by JK Rowling. The relationship between DM and the OC is a very toxic one. This book in no way promotes or glamorizes such a relationship.