CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Once Draco made it back into the common room, it was well past dinner time. Though the last thing on his mind since his interaction with Ramona was dinner. He was in no mood to eat.

Once inside, he didn't expect the sight that awaited for him.

Pansy was sitting on the couch, a large bloody cloth in her hand that she held to her nose. Beside her was Daphne, worriedly trying to check the injury even though Pansy wasn't letting her. Blaise was standing behind them, his hand rubbing his head anxiously.

On the other side of the room was Goyle, a large bruise already forming under his eye. Beside him, Crabbe was trying not to burst out laughing.  Beside them were Lily Moon and Tracey Davis, whispering and giggling while Pansy shot them angry looks.

And there was Ramona with  a bloody nose. She wasn't exactly in the best of moods, which was apparent in the way her eyebrows creased. After what had happened between them, Draco still felt a knot in his stomach at the sight of her; but seeing the commotion in the room distracted him momentarily from the argument.

Draco walked into the room unnoticed, everyone wrapped up in their own problems.

He caught Blaise's eye, who just mouthed 'don't even ask', making his way to Ramona. She mumbled something to Blaise under her breath, covering her mouth with her hand to keep anyone from hearing. He snickered but tried to play it off as a cough, turning his back to everyone to compose himself.

"That's mean," Blaise whispered, clearing his throat.

"Tell me I'm wrong," Ramona stated. Blaise shook his head, snickering.

"What happened?" Draco asked, walking up to Daphne and Pansy first, assuming they were the safest ones to approach.

"That psychopath socked me in the nose," Pansy complained, pointing one finger at Ramona who, looking at Pansy's angry face, couldn't resist smirking.

"Stop talking, it will hurt even more," Daphne fussed.

Draco turned to Crabbe and Goyle with raised eyebrows.

"Pansy kicked him in the balls and Ramona gave him the bruise," Crabbe laughed, making Goyle slap him over the head. A group of fourth-years laughed from behind them and Goyle started to yell at them, causing them to scatter away, still laughing.

Finally, Draco looked at Ramona. She was sitting on the chair with one leg up, resting her elbow on her knee, looking fairly unbothered for someone who had just gotten into a fight. She was wiping the blood from her nose with a tissue.

"What happened to you?" Draco asked, bending down to see her injury. He was just about to reach out and touch her nose when she snapped at him.

"Touch me and you will regret it," she warned, sending him an angry look. Draco stepped back without commentary, hands behind his back. Ramona's mood worsened when he approached and Draco noticed she didn't even dare look at him, keeping her gaze on the bloody tissue in her hands.

"Besides, it's just a nose bleed. Pansy can't punch," she mumbled, looking away from Draco.

"What happened?" Draco asked, this time directing the question towards Blaise.

"Pansy called her a pathetic-" Blaise began, but caught sight of Ramona staring at him angrily and quieted down. She was angry enough that half the common room witnessed the event, she didn't need Blaise repainting the picture for everyone else.

"Pansy said Ramona had no business attacking her like that this morning. Ramona obviously wasn't having any of it and Pansy wanted a reaction out of her. She got it, alright," Blaise explained to Draco quietly.