CHAPTER TWENTY (R)

mature content ~ viewer discretion is advised

"Legilimens," whispered Ramona and waved her wand, shutting her eyes in concentration. Draco did the same, feeling the charm trying to penetrate his mind, feeling her try and break through his barriers.

She'd never used this spell without the other person's consent. Even though she tried, Occlumency wasn't her forte. She was better at reading people than shutting them out; Draco, however, had built walls of concrete around his want, impenetrable.

"You have to let me through," spoke Ramona softly. "You have to."

"I don't know if I can," replied Draco, far too used to blocking his mind off from everyone. He was skilled at Occlumency, courtesy of his auntie Bella, so much so that it was hard for Ramona to even access anything inside his mind.

"This won't work," she said after some time, beads of sweat rolling down her neck and forehead. "This isn't working. You won't let me in."

"I don't know how to," he said, "I can't. I can't."

The two sat for a few moments, defeated. Ramona raked her mind with ideas, trying to come up with anything that could possibly work to get him to open up. Draco, on the other hand, didn't know why he was panicking. He didn't exactly want his mind invaded by her; however, he wanted answers.

Ramona laid back on the bed, resting her arms over her head. The memory she was going to try and access wasn't a pleasant one, but one that could prove enough to him- one that could make him realize she'd once been at his side, in the same sinking boat. She could see it so clearly and vividly in her mind that if she was able to paint, she'd have painted it on a life-sized canvas and brought it to life.

"I'll try again," she said.

And failed.

And she tried once more.

And failed again.

The curly haired witch was getting frustrated, pacing the room comically as she raked her brain for new ideas. Draco settled on her bed, outstretching his legs as he watched her pace, vividly not bothered by the situation.

"This is a waste of time," he concluded.

"Can you try and be positive for one moment? Just one?" she asked.

"I'm positive this is a waste of time," was his reply. Ramona dropped her hands from her hips and crossed them on her chest, giving him a pointed look.

Draco's eyes, however, missed that look completely and went straight for her chest, pushed up and bra-less. His gaze wandered down to her waist and to her wide hips and thick thighs, remembering what it felt like to be in between them. Remembering how soft she was. The noises she made-

"Get your head out of the gutter," said Ramona, waving dismissively and paced the room once more. The enchanting way in which she moved made Draco dizzy and, in awe, he stared at her behind as she turned around. He was gone. He was sure he was dying this time. Merlin, she was beautiful.

The look in his eyes was unmistakable. Once she turned and looked at him, it was not hard to guess what it was he wanted. It arose inside him like a storm that he couldn't stop; yet again he wanted her. He wanted her so much he couldn't think about anything else.

Ramona needed to diffuse the tension. She needed to think of something quickly before she could not stand the look in his eyes anymore. As much as she wanted to think she had a lot of self control, she knew she didn't.

Sitting on the edge of her bed, as far away from him as she could, Ramona clocked the lotion she kept on her nightstand and decided to moisturize her hands; she needed to do anything to keep herself from looking at him.