CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

A/N Hi everyone! This book has gotten so much love in the past week and I wanted to thank you for reading and starting this journey with me. I will try to update every two to three days (I'm a college student with two jobs I'm trying) so stay tuned for more :)

Now enjoy because THE PLOT THICKENS!

(P.S you can go to my spotify to find the playlist for this book)

"Oh Merlin. Oh Merlin, can someone just avada kedavra my ass right now? This is ridiculous," complained Ramona, still reluctant to leave the quidditch stands even after almost everyone had left. The cold was nipping at her fingers but she wouldn't budge, dreading encountering anyone at all. Especially her own reflection.

"It looks rather nice on you," gloated Luna, twinkling eyes filled with amusement. Her friend's thick head of hair was covered by the lion-topped hat and she covered her face with her hands, placing her head on her knees in despair. A quiet wail of agony was heard from Ramona, who could not accept her fate easily. It was fair to say that Luna was enjoying her friend's embarrassment, though at first she hadn't believed Ramona would actually put the hat on.

"It's not going to roar again, is it?" asked Ramona, looking up at the abomination on her head, deeply disturbed at the thought of someone seeing her with it.

"Probably not," admitted Luna. She tried her very best to contain the rising laughter at the appalled face of her friend, though Luna's joyful giggle echoed off the field around them.

"Probably? What do you mean probably? Luna-"

"Come on, Ramona, you've promised me drinks," taunted Luna further, getting up and starting to leave the stands. However, Ramona stayed seated.

After Slytherin's loss, there was not person on the stands more heartbroken than Ramona. In fact, such heartbreak was something Luna had not seen since Oliver Wood suffered a loss to Hufflepuff. The girl closed her eyes while Luna tried to contain her laughter, the sheer pain of the loss mixing with the realization that she'd have to wear that horrid hat on her head.

Luna tried not to be offended once Ramona described the hat as the most heinous thing she's ever seen, deciding it was probably an insult provoked by despair, but the rather descriptive adjectives she used caused Luna to shove the hat onto her head, not giving in to her protests.

With each minute of the game passing, Ramona was growing less cocky. And by the half hour, she was in disbelief. Gryffindor were leading 60 to 0 by the time half an hour ended. Ron made some spectacular saves, some by the very tips of his gloves, and Ginny had scored four of Gryffindor's six goals. And thanks to Ron Weasley, who she entirely blamed for her fate, the Gryffindor team had won.

And now, long after the game had ended, she was preparing herself to prance around with the mortifying, humiliating piece of head-wear.

"I wanted to have it chewing up a serpent to represent Slytherin, but there wasn't time, you know," explained Luna, standing a couple of steps away from the mortified witch, who at her friend's words let out a long and over-exaggerated groan.

"It's chewing up a serpent, alright," bickered Ramona, looking at Luna with pleading eyes.

"Don't look at me like that. A bet is a bet," said the girl, turning around and finally leaving the stands, leaving Ramona to gather all her strength and follow behind. 

She regretted the bet; she regretted being so arrogant about it. But in true Slytherin fashion, she wouldn't admit it. And she knew she'd do it again; even though she'd never seen Slytherin play before that day, she knew she'd make ill-calculated bets just because.