CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

All the anguish of the past few days melted like snowballs in a microwave once the girls started exchanging stories. It was exactly the blessed relief she needed, an escape from all the distress that simmered in her brain.

Luna was a woman on a mission once she saw Ramona after classes; the curly haired witch looked as if she was going to collapse from stress and Luna took it upon herself to change the course of her day. Even though she was aware it was her birthday, Luna made no move to congratulate her or point it out, which Ramona was beyond thankful for. Luna had a well developed sixth sense, an ability to feel exactly what a person needed and then execute it just so.

Her company was exactly what she needed. It was impossible not to be in a good mood when you were with Luna. Laughter bloomed deep in her throat, quietly at first, but by the time it reached her lips they'd open to reveal a whole garden of beauty that split her face in a grin so wholesome and kind that it mended Ramona's crooked heart.

"Wait, you dated Victor Krum?" Luna interrupted one of Ramona's anecdotes from her time at Durmstrang, mouth agape and eyes twinkling with excitement.

"Who dated Krum?" A cheerful voice echoed and Ramona turned to see no other than Ron Weasley standing above them with a cheeky grin on his face, ginger hair swept messily just how it suited Ron, welcoming freckled face awakening inside her that same feeling of warmth that she often felt from Luna. He didn't waste time in ushering Hermione over, the lovely girl excited to see them.

"Oi Mione, there's someone who shares your poor taste in men," he called and Hermione curiously looked between the two, dragging Harry behind her- who did not look pleased in the slightest to be in their company. He greeted Ramona with a nod of his head and smiled at Luna, sitting in his spot and focusing on the butterbeer before him.

She could not blame Potter for acting so- the poor boy probably had far more important things on his mind than who shagged Victor Krum. But still, she did not fancy him much, didn't really care about his presence either. That didn't stop her from being intrigued.

"Jealousy is a thing that eats away at our hearts until it becomes us, Ron," said Luna absentmindedly, sipping on her butterbeer. Ron paled instantly, sitting down with his lips zipped shut and hoped Hermione hadn't heard Luna's words. Ramona couldn't hide a laugh as Ron sunk into his chair.

"What is it?" the witch asked, sitting down next to Ramona and propping her elbows on the table in interest.

"Ramona dated Victor Krum," Luna announced.

"I told you already, it was barely dating. We are just friends," Ramona defended, not wanting to discuss that with the whole group.

"But you lost your virginity to him," Luna reminded.

"You lost your virginity to Victor Krum?" Ron said loudly, a mixture of shock and  wonder, earning a slap on the head from Hermione who told him to quiet down. A couple of heads turned their way, though Ramona could see a slight blush on Hermione's cheeks at the mention of Victor.

"You're the girl from Hogwarts he sent letters to, aren't you?" inquired Ramona with a smirk.

"How did you know about that?" asked Hermione, not able to hide a smile.

"Victor was one of my good friends there. He spoke a lot about a brilliant witch he met during the Tournament, but he never gave much away about her. Only that he was in awe," said Ramona with a knowing smile, recalling her friend's amazement at the girl he met. Seeing Hermione now, she understood why he was amazed.

"You shagged and remained friends after?" Ron asked. Harry looked very uncomfortable and looked around the room in search of anything that could distract him from what he was hearing.