𝟭𝟬. 𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗣 𝗟𝗬𝗜𝗡𝗚

[ RECAP ]

[ RECAP ]

I laugh as I placed my phone away. Vibrations of phone notifications from Atsumu kept going. What a dumbass.

I stand up from the beach and as I was about to start running back home, I heard someone call my name.

"Y/N?!"

"Kindaichi?"

"Kindaichi?"

"I can't believe it's you..." Kindaichi's eyes were wide and he had a shocked expression. "It's been so long."

"Yeah, it has," I nervously rubbed the back of my neck. "Shouldn't you be at school right now?"

"Yeah, I was running late," he still carries his shocked expression. "What happened to you?"

"I went to America with my dad."

"America?! That's so far away! When did you come back?"

"Just yesterday, I came to visit my mother and Tobio," I respond. "You should get going, you're already late as it is."

"But I have so many questions. Kunimi-"

"Bye Kindaichi, I'll see you later," I wave as I run off leaving the boy confused. I wanted to talk to him more but the moment he mentioned Kunimi's name, I didn't want to hear anything about him.

I know sooner or later I was going to run into some old friends but it was just a moment I was not yet prepared for. Now that Kindaichi knows I'm here, I'm sure he'll tell the others. I guess that I have to get ready to talk to them all. Especially to Kunimi. We didn't leave in good terms and what Tobio told me was lingering in my mind.

[ 7 HOURS LATER ]

"I'll be back mom!"

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to see Tobio practice at his school today," I respond as I get ready to leave. "I want to see him play and meet his teammates."

"Oh, okay then," she smiles and waves.