Chapter 3

You woke up quickly to get ready for quidditch tryouts. They started in the morning and would last all day, or until Marcus picked who he wanted. You threw on your quidditch clothes, which was padding and a dragon crested jersey on top of it. It was a shirt you playing in and you hoped they didn't make a big deal about it because you didn't have anything else to wear. You grabbed your Firebolt, which you picked up at Diagon Alley because you knew you were going to play no matter what. You actually bought two just incase it broke. You rushed on your shoes and left to go find the pitch.

You were walking around, looking lost as ever. Marcus saw you and rushed over. He put his arm around you laughing, ' Lost Dragon?' You laughed and nodded your head. He lead you to the pitch and you two talked the whole way. He was actually really nice to you and super funny. You finally made your way there. You looked around and saw you were the only girl playing. But that didn't make you nervous, it made you just want to play better. All the boys turned around and gasped when they saw you standing there.

Fred's Pov:
' Hurry up or we are going to miss it!' Fred yelled as they all ran to the pitch. 'Relax Fred it lasts all day,' Ron said as they arrived, wrapping the cloak around them. They made their way to the stands and sat, still wrapped in the cloak. All the boys noticed the Slytherins turned towards something so they all were trying to focus to see what it was. 'Bloody hell,' Ron said. 'Oh no,' Harry sighed. 'Wicked,' George said smiling. 'What who is it?' Fred said trying to look to where they were. That's when he did. '(y/n) is trying out?!'

Your Pov:
' Okay boys pick up your jaws now,' you said laughing. Blaise came up to you and patted you on the back, 'I really hope you're as good at you say you are,' he said teasing. 'Trust me Blaise, I am,' you replied smirking. Marcus yelled to get their attention. 'Okay I'm keeping Malfoy as seeker, me and Theo as chasers, and Blaise as keeper. We only need two beaters and one more chaser, so if you don't want one of those positions leave now.' You looked at some of the boys leaving. You caught eye contact with Theo and smirked, causing him to look a little worried. 'Alright we are going to run game like drills, we are using the people who are for sure on the team as offense and the people trying for chaser with rotate in. If you are trying out for beater, you will be paired up and be playing like you are on the defense. Try to prevent us from scoring. Remember to play like this was a real game, or your ass will not make it.' After Marcus finished they all gave the crowd a smug look.

They paired you up with a 2nd year, which annoyed. You didn't know if he was good or not. 'You ready Dragon?' Theo yelled over to you. 'I hope you have another broom to use after I bust yours!' you yelled giving him an evil grin. A whistle was blown and you were off.

Everyone knew while they watched you play, you were not lying about your skills. The person trying out caught the quaffle and you hit the bludger towards them, hitting them in the chest causing them to fall off. Then you would race to the quaffle and the play would be over after you touched it. You never got switched out. Marcus was over the moon about how you were playing. You were elbowing people, kicking them, you even hit a 3rd year in the head with your bat to get the quaffle. It was the finial play of the day, and Theo got the quaffle. You smirk and called over to get the bludger hit to you. Once your partner hit it over, you swung your bat, hitting it as hard as you could. It hit directly in the right place of Theo's broom to cause it to break in half. You flew to get the quaffle and Theo grabbed your broom to not fall. You flew to the ground with everyone, laughing your head off.

'I told you,' you said laughing at Theo. 'Yeah yeah whatever,' he said rolling his eyes as the two of you walked over to Marcus. Marcus ran to you and wrapped his arms around you spinning around. 'That was fucking awesome!' he yelled, ' You're on the team Dragon!' Theo scoffed and rolled his eyes, 'More like fucking ruthless,' he said under his breath. 'That's even better,' Marcus said not catching the his of sarcasm in Theo's response. Marcus put his arm around you and the boys and you walked making your way to the Great Hall.

Fred's Pov-
' If we play her, we are going to die,' Harry said with his eyes wide. Ron nodded in agreement. 'Whatever,' Fred said. He was annoyed that Marcus was all over you, but he didn't know that it was only friendship. 'Freddie don't be upset, we are still the best Beaters at the school,' George said. Fred and all the boys nodded and made their way to the Great Hall for lunch.

They walked in and sat down eating. They told Hermione and Ginny what they saw, leaving Hermione wide eyed. She quickly shook off her expression. 'So what? She's a tough player. She's playing with Slytherins that's how they do it. So cut the judgement out of your voices! None of you have even talked to her!' Hermione yelled, throwing a grape at Harry. 'Yeah well I would'- Fred began saying but the sounds of laughter entering the Great Hall.

Your Pov:
The boys were talking to you the whole way. Theo was sulking until you offered to buy him a new broom, then he was laughing with the rest. They were saying how they were so excited to play with you on the team. Marcus opened the door and everyone stopped to stare. 'You get used to the staring,' Draco whispered to you. 'All of you better get ready for the season this year!' Marcus began yelling to the Slytherin table, ' We got Ruthless on the team now, and we are not going to loose! The House cup will be ours!' The table began cheering. You just smiled shaking your head. You looked up and saw a group of Gryffindors staring at you. You titled your head and waved, all of the boys blushed and turned around. Except one. The red head from the first night. He smiled and waved back. You could feel yourself blush, so you quickly looked away, hoping he didn't see it.