Chapter 38

You woke up to the feeling of someone picking you up. You opened your eyes and saw the back of Marcus's legs. 'Marcus put me down, I am not going to classes today,' you said sleepily over his shoulder. 'Yeah well then you can be hung over in your own room. Pucey gets back today and he's going to wonder why you're in my room,' he said as he approached your door. 'What's the password you set?' he asked. Since it was a single room, you got to set your own password. 'Dragons,' you said half asleep over his shoulder. 'Why am I not surprised?' he said laughing as he opened the door. He threw you on the bed and straightened up his robes in your mirror. 'You know, you can't hide from him forever. You're going to class tomorrow,' he said as he sat next to your hungover self on the bed. 'I am NOT hiding. Just taking a me day,' you said as you put your foot in his face. 'Whatever, if you feel up for it come down and eat with me during lunch and then go back into hiding,' he said laughing as he walked out.

You really did want to go to classes since exams were coming up, but you couldn't bring yourself to see your Gryffindor friends. How could they think of you like that? Maybe should I start acting like how they saw me, then it would give them an excuse to treat you like that. But Fred? How could he lie? He could have at least said SOMETHING but no.

After you threw yourself a pity party for most of the morning you decided to show that you were not a crybaby about shit. You got up and showered and brushed your teeth. You straightened your hair and did your makeup. You went in your closet and found your shortest Slytherin skirt you had. You put on a white button up but left off your robe to show off the skirt. You didn't plan on going to any classes so you just grabbed your wand and went to the Great Hall.

You walked in and started off towards Marcus and some other guy, who was sitting across from him. As you were walking you saw all of your Gryffindor friends looking at you. You could see the regret spread across their faces, especially on Fred. You made yourself look away, your jaw clenched so hard you thought your teeth would break.

Fred's Pov:
'How am I supposed to say sorry for lying?' Fred said as he pushed around his food to all his friends. 'I have no idea how i'm even going to say sorry, so don't ask me,' Hermione said as she sat there looking defeated. 'We should have just let her in on everything. Imagine what Sirius is going to say,' Harry said. 'Imagine what MOM IS GOING TO SAY,' Ron said causing them to all freeze.

They all looked up when they noticed someone walking in. All of them could notice how your jaw was clenched. Fred also noticed how good you looked today. He made eye contact with you, but you quickly looked away. 'We fucked up,' Ginny said as they all watched you sit down. 'Why the fuck is she sitting with Marcus AND Pucey?' Fred said as he refused to look away from you.

Your Pov:
You sat down next Marcus and grabbed the strawberries off of his plate. 'Oh look who decided to get out of bed,' Marcus said laughing. 'Shut up,' you said trying to hide your smile. You looked up and saw the boy with dark brown hair just staring at you with his eyes wide. 'I know I don't have something on my face, so why are you staring?' you asked laughing with Marcus. 'No reason I'm Adrian Pucey,' he said holding out his hand. You put the strawberry in your mouth and shook his hand. '(Y/n),' you said while taking the strawberry out of your mouth. 'Pucey was on the team the year before you joined, he had to quit the next season because he fucked up his arm,' Marcus said grabbing more strawberries, but Adrain took them off his plate this time. 'You play? How did I not know? I was in the stands most of the time' Adrian asked as he took a bite of the strawberry. 'Don't be stupid, why do you think they were chanting the word ruthless?' Marcus said rolling his eyes.

Adrian almost choked on his strawberry after Marcus said that. 'That was you?' he asked. 'The one and only,' you said smiling and grabbing the strawberry out of Marcus's hand. 'You know you could get your own?' Marcus said annoyed causing you to laugh. 'You're really good,' Adrian said smiling at you. 'Oh I know,' you said taking a drink causing him to laugh. You looked over and saw Fred sending daggers over to Adrian. You wanted to take into account of his feeling about it, but he didn't take in account of your feelings when he let everyone judge you, so it wasn't in the top of your priorities. Fred looked over at you and caught you staring, so you quickly looked away.

'Marcus I want to throw a party, so make it happen,' you said getting more juice. 'Why would I do that?' he asked laughing. 'Oh right. Please Marcus I can't do it without your such great people skills and access to alcohol,' you said dramatically putting your head on his shoulder. Adrian and Marcus couldn't control their laughter. 'When?' Marcus asked while taking a drink. 'Tonight,' you said smiling while getting up. 'Bitch tonight?' Marcus asked with a confused look in face. 'I believe in you,' you said putting your hand on his shoulder before getting up.

You were walking back to the common room to see if any of your friends were there that you could annoy when you felt someone grab your arm. You turned around and saw Fred standing there. You took your arm back and crossed it over your chest. 'Yes?' you said to break the silence. 'Are you going to break up with me?' Fred blurted out. 'God Fred no, I love you but what you did was fucked up. You ALL treated me the way they used to,' you said but quickly shut up before you would have to continue that story. 'How who treated you?' Fred asked taking a step forward. 'That doesn't matter. What you all did was fucked up and hurt me,' you said poking him in the chest so he would back up a little. 'I'm so sorry, Harry said he needed numbers and some people wouldn't come because you're a Slytherin,' he said pleadingly. 'Did you defend me?' you asked and when he didn't respond your face dropped. 'Damn it Fred,' you said turning to walk away, but he stopped you again. 'Of course I wanted to tell you, but Harry said it wasn't safe,' he said with sorrow in his eyes. 'With everything I have done, everything I know, everything I've been through WITH ALL OF YOU, ESPECIALLY HARRY, i would think that you were all show the decency towards me to even just explain what was happening. But I guess expecting the bare minimum was too much,' you said with your emotions getting the best of you and your eyes were starting to get glossy. 'I love you, we all do. Please. We are so sorry. I'm so sorry. I can't handle you being mad at me like this,' Fred said grabbing your hands. You looked down at them and saw your bracelet on his wrist. You were wearing the necklace, but he couldn't see it because it was tucked in. 'You're the only one here apologizing so no, I don't think everyone is sorry. I don't forgive you, not yet. But I love you,' you said looking up at him. 'I love you so much,' he said trying to sound how sorry he was feeling. 'I have to go, I'm having a party tonight. Come if you want I don't care,' you said and then let go of his hands, leaving him alone in the hallway.

Fred's Pov:
Fred stood there alone for a minute before the group of Gryffindors come from the other side of the hallway. 'She sounds really hurt,' Harry said. 'No shit,' Fred snapped back. 'Are we going tonight?' George asked. 'I definitely am. I don't trust Adrian Pucey one bit,' Fred spat before walking to his room.