Chapter 34

Weeks had gone by and today was the last day before everyone would leave for Christmas break. Fred told you Molly had decided to have Christmas at the Burrow, despite what Dumbledore had advised. He said that she 'didn't want to break tradition if we had the option'. You admired Molly, her hard work and compassion. It's something you wished for yourself.

'Come on Freddie, one more class until we leave tomorrow,' you said as you stood on your tippy toes to give him a kiss. He smiled back as you dragged him to Professor Umbridge's class. You hated it. You hated her. She treated you like you were 7 and didn't even know what magic was. You hated the things she did to the student. Harry had told you about the detentions he was getting and how the quill carved into his hand. It made your blood boil. The class would be unbearable if Fred wasn't in there with you. He kissed you one last time before sitting down, and when you did the annoyance of her voice echoed in the room.

'How are we even supposed to learn anything,' you said under your breath while she was teaching, causing Fred to laugh. 'Miss?' she began saying now sending you a dirty look. 'Blake,' you said sternly to her. 'Miss Blake hm, do not speak when you are not spoken to. Blake though hm? Never heard of such a name for the pure blooded you've claimed to be,' she spat back at you with a fake smile. 'Maybe if you pulled your head out of the Minsters ass long enough you would,' you said causing the whole class to burst out laughing. She looked around fuming with anger. 'Detention after class!' she yelled and turned to walk away but stopped when she heard your seat scoot back. 'No,' you said now standing and leaned in her direction. Fred gave you a warning look, not wanting you to get hurt, but you just looked away. 'So you can make me write lines with that twisted quill you have? You are a monster,' you spat and students covered their mouth to hide their expressions. Umbridge walked over to you, now standing 3 feet apart from you. 'What did you just say to me?' she asked in a stern voice, neither of you breaking eye contact. 'You heard me the first time. Why don't you do something hm? Why don't you walk over to your desk, pull out that quill, and write ME some lines. 10 times of ' I must fix where my loyalty stands' you said to her, never breaking eye contact. Suddenly a dazed look appeared on her face, a trance like state. She walked away and over to her desk. She pulled out the quill she used on students and wrote. Everyone could see the blood begin to spill out of her hand, but she didn't flinch at all. Everyone looked at each other confused or shocked. 'What the actual fuck,' you said watching her and then turned to Fred, 'I was just trying to get her mad, why is she doing it?' Fred shook his head confused. 'Everyone leave now, she obviously can't teach now,' Lee said to everyone and they all packed their stuff and left. You walked over to her with Fred to get a closer look. You saw her not even looking at the paper while writing, but the words formed perfectly. 'Come on let's leave,' Fred said pulling you away.

' What the hell was that?' you whispered to Fred in the hall. 'I have no idea. Did you use magic?' Fred asked as the both of you walked into the Gryffindor common room with him. 'No I swear, I was just talking,' you said sitting down. He sat down next to you and pulled you onto his lap. 'Don't even worry about it, she deserves it,' he said smiling causing you to laugh.

***

The next morning soon came and you were so excited to leave. Fred helped you carry your stuff, despite the many time you said you could do it yourself. None of your Fred's were going home over break, so you sat with the Weasley bunch. 'Im so excited to see your mom!' you said to all of them smiling. Everyone just laughed and smiled. The train ride was filled with jokes and some little arguments.

'Guess what?' Ron said poking you awake from Fred's shoulder. You looked at Fred and saw he rolled his eyes. 'What?' you said leaning back against Fred. 'My other brothers, Bill and Charlie are going to be there. You haven't met them yet,' he said smiling but stopped when he looked at Fred. You saw Fred giving him a dirty look before he could stop. 'You had to wake me up for that?' you said with a small laugh. 'And we're here too,' Ron said and the train automatically stopped. You just rolled your eyes and laughed. You got up to leave with everyone, but Fred pulled you back to leave only the two of you on the train.